Chapter 42

"Dad," I called while I watched with my head in my hand. "Dad," I tried again, still, no response, "Dad," I leaned back in my chair as it blew up in his face. "I tried to warn you," He glared looking at the others to find they were all rushing to finish there potion.

      "This is the fifth one I did Lil! Can't you help?" Raising a brow as he had originally told me not to do just that I slid out of my chair, the simple action getting the burning gaze of two already finished participates.

       "What was it again?" I asked looking at the ingredients on the list than the ones on the table, my brows raising slowly at what I found.

       "A fire potion," he said while I glanced at him. Boy were they messing with us. Fire potions were used mostly at war to break in a fire pit and lit one's fire but they weren't strong, even when you add them together all you'll get is a flicker, not even a quarter the size of a campfire. Though the more you got the longer it burns

       Snickering I tossed the list behind me without a care, half the ingredients being the reason the fire isn't bigger than one's hand. Effortlessly dumbing what I needed into the clean beaker I mixed it bored before dropping in the sulfur and mixing it slower.

       Dad watching carefully, nodding like he understood what I was doing. He did not. He couldn't make a potion to save his life.  He honestly couldn't do anything we were going to do but enjoyed trying so I didn't comment and let him have his fun until he asked me to help.

        That was just how he was. 

        "Time's up!" Corking the last of the small vial I lazily offered it to him while I yawned, ready for a nap. "Reaper's you were the first to finish, how confident are you that you got it right?" They stared at him deadpanned. Completely soulless.

       "Very," it was short blunt and cold. Nothing unnecessary said. It was also rude and seemed to flick at something in me. Annoying me in a second.

     "Alright, the Reapers potion is..." He watched as his little helper broke it in his hand, a small flicker holding strong. That's actually really good considering the recipe. "A strong flame that could lit even wet wood! A strong starter we've got here!" He was so enthusiastic that it was actually making me tired. It continued leaving me to twirl one of the extra's I had made.

        "And finally! The Windsors! You were having some trouble with this one huh?" He asked looking at my father who had a few different of his attempts on his face.

        "I've never been that good with potions," He smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck while I silently stared at the announcer. "But Little Lil has always been good at learning and made this at the last second," He beamed proudly while I twirled one between my fingers, the other few in a holder.

      "As we've already seen," He smiled looking at me while I raised a brow at him, too tired to both saying anything. "I, uh-" Clearing his throat he smiled again turning to his assistant, "Why don't we see what Lilith make for us shall we?" Grabbing my dad's jacket I pulled him back just before it was broke.

       A large and powerful flame roaring to life in his hand as he shouted tossing the potion that I stared at lazily. Grabbing the powders I mixed I kinda just tossed them at it. The human sized flame slowly crackling to nothing but a broken bottle. "Wha- This is unprecedented! The Windsor has provided us with a flame that could swallow a person with ease!"

        The crowd cheered as I leaned back in my chair, my arm hanging over the back of it as I glanced at the Reapers from the corner of my eye. A smirk pulling at my lips as I looked at Edward up on his little guest throne, wiggling the vial in my hand. His brow twitched, picking up the fact that I already knew how to make it and just introduced him to it in front of thousands. Thousands with money.

       "They didn't use the recipe," Reaper Jr. cut through the cheering while I glanced at him, the announcer opening his mouth but unable to say anything before someone else. Someone I was currently messing with.

         "When was it stated that you had to follow the recipe?" He asked, every head snapping to him while he leaned lightly into his crystal. "The list was given for those who had never made a potion before, if I'm not wrong, you too didn't follow it completely," Whistling as I looked away, that looks bad.

       Really bad. Calling someone else out on doing something you did too? Oh sweet stars talk about hypercritical.