Chapter 25

"What was that?!"

      "Do you ever get tired of asking that question?" I asked sluggishly raising a brow while he stared at me like I was insane. Which was actually quite possible considering what I just did.

        "You just summoned a beast I know isn't you're familiar!" He shouted while I sighed, Alex remaining silent while he handed me water. Which I happily drank. I guess it was an understandable reaction to seeing... That.

        "You've lost a lot of blood..." He sighed while I looked at the bandages wrapped around my wrist, a small smudge of blood leaking through. Didn't know he was good at first aid. Boy did he save my life.

       "The cost of a holy beast sure is high huh?" I mumbled staring at interested. I didn't honestly think it'd work. I couldn't properly speak the language but the moment I started chanting they slipped past my lips as if I had been speaking it my entire life. So the fact that a beast came at my call, let alone what did, was surprising.

        "A holy beast? With only a few liters of blood?" He asked flabbergasted while I glanced at him. Nine summoning circles appearing around us while my creations appeared, processing how I should answer that question as typically it'd just get me dead.

        "No, a few liters of blood wouldn't do anything if I were using the typical circle-" Grabbing a stick next to me I drew the circle I had used, "But I didn't use such an unexperienced circle, I used a master's circle-" Drawing the typical spirit summoning circle I glanced at him as he seemed to always need an explanation for everything, "The act of piercing it forcefully sents the circle to holy beasts, discarding your typical spirit, the blood being the cost of course. If I wanted to make a creature like that my familiar I'd need more than blood to do so, but I only needed a simple task..."

       "Making the cost merely a couple liters of blood," He sighed finishing for me while he rubbed his face. "You know, you're seriously a monster, like, you legit scare me," I waved him off gathering how natural of a response that was considering all the things I can do and haven't bothered to hide. It was probably right too, I've learned so many things in merely a semester that being called a monster was accurate.

         "Do you know what beast you called?" Alex asked shifting into a lighter less offensive conversation while I sighed, rubbing my forehead as I thought about the white deer with its large antlers and electric blue eyes, lightning bouncing between the thick antlers and striking all around it.

       "It was the stag, the White Stag," I said taking another drink of water. The stag was the holy beast you rode to join the stars, no one didn't know it and the fact that it was the one to come at my call was just the shock I needed to leave them on their feet. They couldn't collect themselves by the end of tomorrow if a beast of that magnitude appeared before them, which was good because I was out of commission.

        "The mount of the mourning?" Alex asked exasperated while I shrugged, covering my eyes with my forearm sluggishly. My head pounding at the light around us.

        "I know people need time to process these things, I as well did not expect it to come at the call, but we can't do anything like that again, which means we need to hide for the remaining time," They both glanced at the large dragon and conspicuous puppets making me roll my eyes. "Ignore them, I can deal with that, I need you two to make us a den in a tree, I'll get rid of our tracks,"

     Pushing myself to my feet I whistled, the world spinning as they grabbed my arms, catching me before I fell. "You just lost a lot of blood, so much so that if you lost even a little more you'd of died, two liters is pushing it with your size, with anyone's size really, sit down, we'll deal with the tracks and den,"

      Probably for the best... Swallowing I nodded, my head pounding as I took a slow breath while they carefully laid me down I gave a smile knowing I needed food. It may have been a bad decision to do something so reckless over an exam... Sighing I snapped my fingers, the dragon going invisible and the puppets disappearing, a stone falling from each one.

      Good to know they can... Blend in when I need them too. I'll leave the stones for now, getting up wasn't on my to-do list and it wasn't going to be for quite some time. Sleep more inviting than usual as my eyes grew heavy, my arms not even listening while I slipped into unconsciousness.