Chapter 28

And there go the supporting roles... Until further notice.

       "I'm going to die," He wheezed while I grunted, having to have done it twice. Running my hand through my hair I grabbed a stick and drew a circle around him, big enough to give him which a bit of space. The moment he saw me draw in the dirt, his attention was on high while I didn't comment. 

      Last time I drew a circle I summoned a holy beast. It was understandable. Pulling one of the marbles to my lips, my eyes fluttering shut I tried silently giving it an order before tossing it into the circle as if I did not have class.

       Though, she was glancing our way without yelling at me so I deemed her curiosity useful while I watched the marble grow into a puddle, the puppet slowly rising out of it. The moment its smooth toeless feet formed it lunged, he stumbled back pulling the knife from his belt only for it to freeze, claws inches before his face.

        "You step outside the circle, you're safe, step in it'll do whatever possible to remove you," I explained, his gaze falling to the line he was just outside of while I frowned at the puppet. I was in hand to hand and if I wanted to make it appeal to the teacher if I wanted them to collect as many experiences as possible this was the best place to do it, a class for fighting, it couldn't have weapons.

      And man where those claws of its sharp.

      Placing my arm in the circle I watched as it twisted its body, appearing before me in less than a second while I pulled it out knowing just how fast the time was. The smooth black glass shifting while I stared at it, the claws being twirled inward and swallowed by its hand, smooth nailless fingers remaining while I nodded satisfied. 

      "Considering this is a hand to hand class, weapons seem a bit excessive, though, you can try your hand with them if you'd like," I offered with a sweet smile that matched his previous one, a shiver running down his spin with I turned to my professor, whose attention had been grabbed.

       "What is this?" She asked scooping it out while being careful of the line.

       "A puppet of mine, it can do any and everything with the proper orders, this one is currently under the orders to keep any and all out of its circle with only its bare fists," I smiled motioning towards it like it was a product, which it currently was other than the fact I wasn't selling it. Free labor was far more appealing anyway.

     "Alchemy?" She said staring at me from the corner of her eye, my smile unfaltering while I remained rooted. The other rogue not even attempting to butt in.

     "Something of the sort." Her gaze burning hotter than ever while I didn't shift in the slightest, bluffing through my teeth, my knees hardly holding themselves up. "You can test it if you'd like," A spark lighting in her eyes while she chuckled, pulling off her vest.

       "You think some cheap rogue trick can hold a match to me kid?" She asked moving to step in, the puppet acting accurately and attempting to keep her out. Its head shattered in a moment. She raised a brow at me while I just pulled another smile, the small stumble it gave shifting into an attack.

        Headless. It was moving completely headless. Alchemy puppets don't do that. Despite how amateurish the punches and how it shattered a different part of its body every other second it didn't stop. The pieces mending and fists flying it didn't give up in the least. I could see the bruises forming on her fists and elbows as she shattered it over and over.

        Sure it was glass but have you ever tried to break glass with your bare hands? Not even a cloth to help shield you from the blow. I continued to watch silently before turning to make more circles already knowing what her answer was going to be. By the time I heard the large thud I had finished what I was doing and was looking to find her back in the dirt and chest heaving.

       Payback was so very sweet.

        It was weak compared to other magic, trash really, but up against someone that wasn't using magic? It was still magic. The human body was too fragile to go against something like that without the use of magic. It's like asking a swordsman with a dagger to go against a master marksman already notching an arrow from two hundred meters away. A fools match really.

      "Easily read moves that slowly get more and more difficult to read the longer you fight and a technique that constantly changes, good for those of every level," I smiled leaning over her while shielding her from the sun. "I might be bad at fighting in every sense of the word but I'm quite good at making things that aren't,"