Chapter 13

Any intervention from here on will not be in Vixen's story other than a vague mention as this was originally a spin off to Time and Space. (Also, I felt I should say their years are four months longer than our own, summer being only six weeks, figured you might what to have at least a vague idea as to how long her school year is. If you remember they also have school on Saturdays.)

       Potions... Are harder than I thought. Staring at the failure I looked a the book once more with furrowed brows trying to figure out what I did wrong. Oh... Grave soil, not graveyard soil... My bad I guess. I suppose I get to go be a creep and steal the dirt from a grave. So many technicalities.

      Rubbing my temple as I haven't succeeded with any of them so far, whether it be because I misread it or did do it right, they were all failures. Grumbling I pulled my wild curly hair into a ponytail as it continuously got in my way. Not to mention all the ingredients! Anything from a liars tongue to the breath of a dragon, things no living person could collect.

     Griffen feathers? No thank you I prefer life. Vampire blood? Do you think I'm insane? Werewolf fur? I don't have a death wish. One thing after another I'd die before I could ever get my hands on. Sighing as I stared at the bubbling failure I poured in with the rest of the discarded ones while rubbing my shoulder. Hand to hand was not kind today. More so than usual.

      Stretching I pulled the book I could now read while bringing one of my crystals to my lips, whispering the reminder I gently kissed it before releasing it, it bounced lightly around my neck but fell with the rest of them. Collecting the few books I brought I placed them in my bag with the materials I brought, pouring the failure mixture into a large spherical glass bottle, the little remaining went into smaller ones.

       Fearing that they'd break in my bag I held them while I left the forest I had been both scoping out for the tournament and practicing potions away from the prying eyes of others. Running through the forest I have gotten used to this week I kicked off a tree and over a log as I still have self study which I needed a teacher to sign off to prove I did it. Potions don't count if I don't have supervision and something tells me that wouldn't go well.

      Many because leads don't learn potions and the few that do only do in years three and up. It's not really a lead thing to do anything other than take control and charge in.

      Sliding sideways down the steep bank I bounce into a walk, glancing at my shoes, which were taking quite the beating from my constant abuse. Whether it be the forest, train grounds, or other classes I only had these so it wasn't all that surprising that they were falling apart but I was hoping to get to second semester before I had to replace them. That doesn't seem the case as I'm not even halfway through the first and they're falling apart.

       Sighing I rounded a corner, bumping into someone as I stumbled back, trying to get my balance the large vial nearly the size of my head slipped from my grasp. Quickly trying to catch it I only hit it farther, farther than I could fix, I didn't even have time to panic about the possibility of it ruining something as it crashed into the old unused wing that was going to be demolished and rebuilt, sending me and the few around flying as it exploded.

      My ears ringing and head pounding as I groaned, pushing myself into a sitting position as I rubbed my head. The smaller ones in my grasp miraculously unbroken as I looked at the damage I paled immediately, my eyes widening as most the building was in pieces. Putting down the small ones I quickly dug through my bag for my potion notebook and wildly scribbled down what I used and how I prepared it in Occeanbic like the rest of the notes in it.

       I was sent flying and I was about two hundred feet about, the explosion was that of a fire master if not bigger, the destructive force alone twice that- My frantic scribbling was interrupted by the worried teachers and students that rushed over to see just what happened. 

      "I'm fine! I'm fine!" I called trying to get them to leave me be, their voices muffled, a sharp ringing in my ears as I hissed, touching my head I found blood, my eyes widened as I went to make a note of it only for my vision to blur and the everything to spin. The world going black a second later.