Chapter 33

*Looks around rapidly suspicious of the dark alley's ability to hide me from sight before opening the trench coat far too big, revealing the chapter* I've got the stuff.

     "Lilith, how much can you make at once?" Miss H asked while I looked up from my book, this was supposed to be the class I had with her once a week but she had paperwork and I was fine with using this time to work through some of my thousands of books I seemed to now own. Spare time immediately turned into book time nowadays. I was starting to unconsciously pick up a book when I had the tiniest bits of free time.

      "How much? Well, I mean, I can make whatever comes to mind why do you ask?" I hummed turning my page. Making things wasn't all that difficult, it just came when I called. 

       "How about a projectile?" Raising my hand I caught the arrow fell into it and held it up without looking away from my book, unfazed by the clear arrow, "Now how many can you make at once?" Glancing up I found she was still doing her paperwork, not even sure if I had it properly. I guess she must really be swamped. Though, she was still trying to teach me.

     Unsurprising as she honestly did not know how to say no to someone and ended up doing others work on top of things she didn't have to. It was the main reason I was alright with letting her use this time to do paperwork. She worked too much and I knew she was going to be the next to leave, the war has been climbing into the smaller territories that were in need of aid.

     How many arrows? Closing my book I leaned back in my chair as my stomach clenched, my brow twitching as four and a half fell and shattered. Not a drop of strength in any. Blinking in surprise as I can make things far bigger without so much as a strain I looked at my hand.  Precision maybe?

      No, precision work isn't any more difficult. Then why? Why is it a bother to begin with? Frowning I tried again, once more my stomach tightened as I was left with only a few arrows. How strange... Opening and closing my hand as my frown deepened I glanced at Miss H before attempting it once more.

       Then again. And again. And again. The same strengthless arrows shattering on the table time and time again. Clicking my tongue I found my irritation growing at such a simple task being so difficult. I could make living things but no more than five proper arrows that didn't even have the strength to stay together? What kinda foolishness is that? Grumbling I slide my bok into my bag for safety as I opened both hands, palms facing the ceiling, I closed my eyes. Concentrating on the image of arrows.

       Focusing on the steady flow of magic running through my veins. Pumping through my heart, racing from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. My breathing calm and even, the rush of my blood reaching my ears, the quiet calm of my surroundings.

      "Lilith!" My eyes shot open at the suddenness of the scream, the magic I was manifesting coming crashing down as she squealed, ducking under her desk. Arrows falling left and right, the obsidian striking into everything everywhere while I cried out, covering my head as I didn't move fast enough to get under my table. Pain rushing down my arms not nearly as fast as the blood while I hissed, my eyes tearing up in agony.

      "Oh my Stars! Lilith! Are you okay?!" She scrambled out from under her desk while I let out a long pained breath, pulling my arms away from my head, the door being thrown open by a concerned teacher that likely heard her scream. The first thing he saw was her pulling black bloodied arrows out of my shoulder while I cried out, tears mixing with the blood racing down my head. Arrows everywhere in the room.

       Seems I did not have a force field and or defense shield.

       "Get the healer!" She shouted pulling out another arrow while I sob. My arms burning and throbbing wildly, my shoulders and even my back feeling the same. Crying out with ever arrow pulled free I grabbed the knees of my uniform tightly trying not to run from the growing pain. "You're okay, everything's going to be okay, you're okay," She rushed out panicked, not sure if she was trying to convince me or her.

      The burning pain started to shift to a cold throb as my eyes grew heavy, my hands clammy and toes cold. The world spinning just as I fell forward, right into her.