14.the eyes

"Isn't he answering?"

Renjun walked towards Mark who was contacting Sicheng with his phone for the thousandth time.

Then again he wasn't answering.

"Nah"

"Yuta hyung, are you sure you told him that we'll be going to the amusement park right today?" Chenle asked.

Yuta nodded. "Yeah i told him many times"

All of them gathering around Mark in the middle of the park. They were all starting to get worried.

"What if something happend to him?" Lucas asked, making everyone starting to groan and curse him.

"Don't say these bullsh*ts Lucas! Maybe he's just busy with something" Taeil said.

Yuta walked away, looking around. Surely no one was as concerned as him. Even a single day being apart from Sicheng was unbearable for him.

"Wish if i knew where's his house"

~~~~~~~

The maid leaned towards the big table, placing a tray of tea cups between two women.

One wearing black, as the other was watching her.

Watching how her joyful eyes are empty now, her shaky lips always showing that her whole body aches for crying, her pale skin and sullen face. This wasn't the Jung Mijin that Hyejin used to know.

She took a deep breathe, gathering the courage to talk while avoiding the fear of breaking that fragile figure of sadness.

"So, how are you?"

Mijin scoffed. "How you want me to be?"

Hyejin smiled bitterly. "You're right, that was a stupid question"

Both were silent again. This was the first time, two of them meeting eachother and a deep silence sinking them. It was strange. Since all Hyejin remembers from the days with Mijin is joy and laughter. The happiness of her little friend. That bright spirit which is dead now.

"I-i heard that you lost the mansion, is it true?"

Mijin nodded. "The company had many huge debts and some unfinished contract with other companies. I couldn't pay them all, since i'm just a simple painter. I had to sell our house for it"

"Where are you staying right now?"

"In a rent house; soon as i find a full time job i'll try to buy it. My paintings won't make that much money"

Hyejin sighed, she knew the house that Mijin is talking about is like a wreckage compared to their old house. She knew how things are so hard for her.

Being concerned about the money, food, clothes and housing all the time. Not just for herself but also for Jaehyun. What is she going to do about his school? His future and life? Being a single mother is like a nightmare.

Sure Hyejin didn't have any clue about loving a partner in life but on that moment she could feel that how much Mijin is missing Minjae. The amount of pain and suffer in her tired eyes showing that how much she cried for hours. Mijin didn't need to talk about her feelings, she didn't need to shed a single tear cause her silence was the deepest sorrow that Hyejin could feel it strongly.

"I...really want to ask you to come here, both you and Jaehyun living with me but...sadly this house is for Taekyu. I don't want you to face that bastard animal. He's already a nightmare for Taeyong; surely Jaehyun can't endure him like how Taeyong does"