31.freedom

"This way ma'am"

Mijin fallowed the officer, stepping slowly in the hallway.

All the walls were painted in grey, it was really stressing and irritating. Thinking about living in such a place was really terrible.

She sat on the chair, seeing an empty chair in front of herself through the big glass which was between both of the chairs.

Mijin took a deep breathe. She never thought that after all these times she has to come to this place.

To see her old friend.

Minutes were passing, and the woman was all trapped in her thoughts.

Suddenly the sound of opening a door snapped her out of her daze. Mijin looked up and it didn't take a second for her to stop breathing.

Seeing the fragile form of a woman tied up in tireness and pain.

Mijin looked at her wavy grey hair, black and white strings were shining in them. What happend to that beautiful raven color? Now the grey was splashing on it.

Wrinkles drawing different motfits on that pure moonlight face. It wasn't shining like before.

Those beautiful black pearls of those two eyes were buried in red blood, hidden under those tired swollen eyelids.

Mijin was just looking at that skinny body, looking at the woman who sat in front of her.

She looked at those hands. Once they were delicate and flawless as if they never experienced suffering, once they were shining with glamour with that red nail polish.

But now they were wrinkled and pale.

Mijin gulped, picking up the phone as the woman did the same.

"U-unnie..." She spoke through the phone.

A faint tired smile drew on the woman's bruised lips

"How many times should i tell you don't call me that"

Mijin chuckled tiredly. "Sorry...Hyejin-ah"

Hyejin was really there, after all these years. But Mijin could hardly recognize her.

That beautiful masterpiece filled cruelly with glamour of selfishness which was engaged with the darkness.

Now she was simply all grey.

Hyejin was there but Mijin couldn't even hug her. She couldn't even express how much she missed her older friend.

A large thick glass was separating them cruelly.

Hyejin was observing the younger. She was looking at Mijin's pure white hair. Back then when they were all black, Hyejin used to brush them for her.

She looked at the wrinkles on Mijin's face, they made her to realize how much time had passed.

Her whole tiny body was trapped in black. She was wearing all black and just looking at it was aching in Hyejin's chest. That black was reminding them of what happend just a year ago.

More than anything Hyejin was looking at that big scar on Mijin's face. It was cruelly painful, it was making Hyejin wanting to cry.

But she let out all her tears and sobbings as a scoff.

"Look what an old hag you became"

Mijin chuckled at what Hyejin said jokingly.

"Seems like you didn't look into the mirror for a while"