17.her hands

"Mijin-ah hurry up, you have to clean the toilets too"

Standing straightly as a horrible pain clutched her back. Mijin placed the mop into the water bucket. Looking at that old woman who shouted at her.

"Oh come on ahjoomah! I already cleaned them two days ago! It's not my turn!"

That old lady wasn't even looking at her, being busy with picking up the garbages.

"Don't lie to me you lazy girl! Get your a** in that toilet and be useful for once in your life!"

Mijin huffed, taking off her yellow glove as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. Her whole body was soaked in sweat, it smelled really bad in that blue uniform. Poor woman's whole body was aching from working too much as her eyes were burning because of not having enough sleep. With this horrible condition, she couldn't even imagine how to clean those dirsty public toilets.

Working as a cleaner in a hospital is surely like a nightmare.

~~~~~

Picking up her old brown coat, finally the work was over and Mijin could head to her house.

She wore the coat, starting to botton it as her younger fellow was staring at her hands.

"Unnie...you really work too much, your hands are getting so ugly"

Mijin glanced at her. "Oh, really?!"

Then she looked at her hands, sure her fellow was right. Mijin giggled, she never realized it until today. Her skin was darker than before, the joints of her fingers were swollen. Around her nails, on her fingers; they were all filled with little scars.

They used to be so pretty.

She laughed. "You meanie, it's not that bad. Anyways, if only problem was my hands"

The younger smiled. "You're right"

That smile, that soft tune filled with pitty for the poor woman. Mijin was used to it.

The Mrs.Jung who used to be a famous painter living in a palace is now working nonestop in many places to earn the money for buying food.

~~~~~

Walking in the dark alley, Mijin was never in such poor places. But now her house was in such a dangerous and very poor neighborhood.

She walked towards the old building, opening the door as she was walking and humming a song happily in the hallway because of the grocery bag in her hand. Mijin couldn't wait to show it to her precious son.

Turning the key inside the door locker, she opened the door. Everywhere was dark.

"Jaehyunie? Are you sleep?"

Mijin went to turn the lighs on but as she was pressing the key, nothing was happening.

Damn it! The lights went off again

Her heart was suddenly pounding harder, a fear from wondering since when the lights were off?

Mijin turned on her phone, flashing the light as she walked around.

"Jaehyun-ah?!"

Then finally in the corner of that small room Mijin could see a frail figure of a little boy wearing a blue jacket as an old blanket was wrapped around him.

Light flashing on his little face made him awake. Jaehyun blinked a few times, trying to see in front of him.

"Mommy?"