Homecoming disappointment

(Longer one)

Me and Peter have been friends for years ,we met when we where 5 and where inseparable since. But recently I've been feeling something more for him, I know it's crazy right. Having feelings for your best friend.

"Are you going to homecoming?" MJ asked.

"Nope, no one asked me." I said putting my books back in my locker.

"We should all go as friends. You , me, Peter , and Ned of course." She said watching, dissatisfied.

"Ya sure." I said shrugging. Out of the corner of my eye I see Peter and Ned walking over. Peter looks pretty nervous.

"Hey Y/N!" Peter said leaning against the other locker. "Are you going to homecoming with anyone?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Nope, are you?" You asked glancing at him.

"No....we should go together. Like as friends." He said slowly. "So we could both have dates." He said as I shut my locker and turned to him.

"Ya sure that would be fun." I said smiling. "I'll text you later about everything." I said trying stay calm.

"Okay, see you later." He said walking with Ned to his next class.

As soon as they where gone I did a little victory dance.

"Michelle guess what?" I said as I sat next to Michelle at the back of the class for bio. "Peter asked me to homecoming." I whispered excitedly.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Really, I thought he liked Liz?" She said as my shoulders shrugged.

"I don't know. All I know is he asked me and I'm kinda freaking out right now." I said as the teacher began the lesson, but I was looking at Peter the whole time.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Later at lunch I was texting my mo telling her that we needed to go dress shopping later that day for homecoming in two days, when both Peter and Ned sat beside and across from me talking about homework.

"What are you nerds talking about." I asked looking up from my phone raising an eyebrow.

"Just how stupid our English essay is. It's supposed to be like 30 pages." Ned said showing me the assignment.

"I'm so glad I'm not taking English this semester." I said as both me and Ned laughed, but Peter wasn't even paying attention. He was looking at Liz across the room with her boyfriend Gregg. It made me sad that Peter wasn't even even listening to what I was saying, but this is what has been happening for a long time now.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Me and my mother went to one of the cheaper dress shops but I still got a really pretty dress.

It was a peachy colour and we paired it with some silver heels. My mom is really good doing hair so she did a braid and added a few light tone flower clips.

"You look beautiful sweetie

"You look beautiful sweetie." My mom said as I came out of the dressing room twirling around. "Peter's going to love it." She said as I smiled and headed back to change. As soon as I came out with the dress my mom bought it for me and we went back home.

Homecoming Night
Peter was supposed to pick me up but he never did. I had to ask my mom to take me. I was nervous. Why didn't Peter pick me up, when we texted he sounded like he was defiantly coming to pick me up.

"Okay text me if Peter's there." She said pointing to me as I got out of the car.

"Okay..." I Said and turned to the door. Only to see Liz and PETER getting out of her dad's car. My mom noticed I was looking at something and came out to see what was happening. "I'm so sorry Y/N." She whispered as I got back in.

"I want to go home." I said tearing up.

"Y/N.."

"NOW PLEASE!" I said harshly. As she just shook her head and got back in the car.

3rd Person POV
Little did Y/N know that Ned was watching the whole thing from a few spots down.

Back at home Y/N had taken off her dress, wiped off all her makeup, and un-do her hair, and was now in sweatpants, sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks. She refused to talk about the situation at all. She would be fine Peter was just a boy.

But he was also a boy she 'fell in love' with. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but she couldn't. All she could think was how terrible he was and how she hated him for making her cry. She hasn't cried in years.

Meanwhile at prom
As soon as Liz and Peter joined our table I could tell he had forgotten about Y/N.

"Where's Y/N, I thought she wads coming?" Liz asked looking around the gym. That's when it hit Peter, Ned could tell. He look horrified and started getting anxious. "Do you know where she is Peter?" Liz asked holding his hand that was on the table.

"Ya I think I know where she is." He said looking down. "I have to go." He said getting up and quickly left, probably going to see Y/N.

Peter's POV
I can't believe I forgot that I asked Y/N to homecoming. I'm such an idiot. I just got excited when Liz and her boyfriend Gregg broke up, it was like a perfect opportunity to ask her to homecoming, but to be honest I'm not having a very much fun with Liz compared to the fun I could have with Y/N.

I didn't want May to come me to Y/N's this early so I had to take a bud over to her apartment. I just hope I don't mess up and make things worse. 

Y/N'S POV
It was around 10 o'clock when I heard a knock on my door. I really didn't want to talk to anyone so I didn't go answer it right away, but a few seconds later the knock was loud and longer.

"What?" I asked opening the door almost bumping into the figure. "Woah sorry..." I said looking up to find no other than Peter Parker. "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be with Liz?" I asked coldly, returning to my bed to let him in.

"Everyone was looking for you, and it made me realize what a douche I was."He said couching in front of me. "I'm so sorry for forgetting about you. Liz broke up with Gregg and it was just the perfect time to ask her to homecoming." He said holding my hand. "But as soon as we got there and started dancing I realized I wasn't having as much fun, and kinda remembered that night at my cousin's wedding when we where dancing, and remembered how fun it felt. Dancing with Liz felt forced or almost staged. When I was with you all I remember how natural I felt. It was like we where meant to dance with each other." He said as a single tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm sorry." He said as his head fell on my hand, and started crying.

"Peter, it's okay." I said squeezing his hand. "Thanks for coming to check up on me." I said smiling as he looked up at me smiling also.

"Can I sleep over? I'll text May letting her know." Peter said yawning our hands still intertwined.

"Of course. I'll get you some clothes." I said disappearing into my closet.

"SHE SAYS IT'S GOOD AS LONG AS I BUY YOU BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING!" Peter said from my room. 

"Okay I think that can be arranged." I said coming out of my closet and was about to hand him some sweats and a sweater, but I tripped on my backpack and fell on Peter who fell on my bed. Our faces where inches apart, and I found it hard to breathe.

"I really like you." Peter said smiling as he tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear.

"I really like you too." I said smiling before crashing my lips into his.

(LONGER IMAGINE, I REMEMBER READING A IMAGINE LIKE THIS SOMEWHERE BUT NO ONE DID IT WITH PETER PARKER SO I THOUGHT I'D GIVE IT A TRY) (Words 1414)