6

Luke POV

The next day I went to school with a headache from the night before, I went to my locker and swapped my books for first period. "Hey Luke" a recognisable voice called and I turned around to see Lacy standing front of me. "Hey" I said showing a small smile, "you look exhausted Luke" she said and I just nodded. "Is everything okay?" She asked and it took a while for me to respond but eventually I did, "yea" I said and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Luke you're not okay, what's wrong?" She asked and I just sighed. She placed her hand on my wrist and I hissed in pain at the fresh cuts.

"Luke why are you hurt?" She asked in a sad tone, "I'm okay" I said and she frowned shaking her head. "No luke you're not okay" she said. "Hey suicidal freak go slit your wrists!" Someone from the football team yelled at me and I grabbed my sleeve in my palm. "Luke come on let's go" Lacy said as she took hold of my hand and I closed my locker as she dragged me away.

Lacy POV

I knew it, Luke was self harming and I just had a gut feeling. I dragged him to the disabled bathrooms and locked the door once we were inside. I gently pushed him down and he fell back and landed sitting on the bench. I grabbed some toilet paper and wet it before draining it then I walked back over to Luke. "Luke lift up your sleeve" I ordered and he refused, "Luke please" I begged and he sighed holding out his arm and I gently lifted his sleeve.

I was confronted with countless white faint scares and new cuts that were recent. I gently grabbed the cloth to get rid of the blood then rinsed. "Luke what's going on?" I asked and he just watched me as I cleaned his cuts on his arm. He looked at the ground avoiding the question and rinsed the tissue and threw it in the bin before getting a new one. "Luke" I said and he looked back, "I can't tell you" he whispered. "Why can't you tell me?" I asked and he looked down at his now treated cuts. "I just can't" he said and I left it alone, "all done" I said as I went to put all the wet tissues in the bin. "Thanks" he said quietly and I kissed his cheek, "Luke please tell me when you feel upset becuase I want to help you" I said and he nodded before reaching out and gently grabbing both my hands in his and holding them.

Luke POV

I held both her hands both in my own and she showed a gentle smile, "thank you Lacy" I said and she ran her fingers gently through my hair and guided her hand down to my cheek resting it there. "You don't need to thank me" she said, my eyes flickered between her eyes to her lips and her eyes did the same action. "May I?" I asked and she smiled and gave me a single nod, I tilted my head to the side and moved in slowly before our lips brushed past each other and met. I pecked her lips once and then gradually the kiss got more passionate, I rested my arms around her waist and she took one step forward coming closer.

Pulling away I rested my forehead against hers and she smiled as she looked at the floor then back into my eyes. "You busy this afternoon?" Lacy asked and I nodded, "yea I've got some stuff to do and then I'm heading to the gym" I said and she nodded before pecking my lips once more. "Okay" she said smiling as she ran her hand through my hair ruffling it up.

——— time skip/ going home———

I walked with Lacy home and dropped her off before kissing her goodbye before continuing my walk home to go grab my stuff. I arrived home and got changed before packing a sports bag with just a towel and a water bottle along with a spare shirt. I didn't bother with a note because Dad wouldn't read it, I soon left the house and set out to walk down the road to the gym.