24

Luke POV

Placing my hand on her cheek I looked at her intently and admiringly. She was so beautiful and no matter how many times I say it well it will always be true. I looked up seeing rain drops falling and sliding down the tent roof. Looking back at Lacy I smiled as I looked into her emerald eyes, gently placing my lips on hers kissing her. Moving my lips in sync with hers as she kissed back sharing a passionate but sweet kiss together. Her hand intertwined with mine as her our hand tangled itself in my hair, feeling a shiver go down my spine. I've kissed her so many other times before but none of them compare to this one right now in this moment.

We pulled away and her forehead rested against mine as we both caught our breath back. "Wow" she breathed as she smiled at me. Her smile was contagious and one that could make a bad day seem like everything was gonna be alright. I pecked her lips one more time and she turned over to lie against my chest, wrapping my arms around her and holding her from behind.

Lacy POV

We were watching P.S I love you and Luke was holding me securely against his chest with his arms wrapped around me from behind. I loved everything about being with Luke, did I ever imagine a fake relationship would turn into something more. No way I didn't at all, I never expected to be here on this date with Luke watching a movie and cuddling. I hugged Luke tightly as the scene where Holly reads the first letter, placing a kiss on my forehead he squeezed gently while still hugging me. "I love you" I heard Luke whispered as he rested the top of his chin on my head, "I love you too Luke" I whispered back to him and he looked down at me and smiled.

"So this is it then" I heard Luke say and I turned around in his arms so I was facing him, "what do you mean?" I asked a little confused. He chuckled and turned to the side reaching across to grab a rose that was sitting on the table, "Lacy Simpson the most beautiful girl I've laid eyes on, the most beautiful girl inside and out. Also the most adorable girl I've ever met but will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with a smile, I looked at him smiling from ear to ear and hugged him tightly. "Yes" I said and I felt him hold me close to his chest and hug me tighter than I was hugging him. "Hey Luke?" I asked and he hummed in response, "will you be my boyfriend?" I asked with a grin. "Absolutely gorgeous" he said before pecking my lips gently and his lips felt light like a feather as he kissed me.

Luke POV

She's finally officially mine, the most gorgeous, kindest, caring girl is finally mine and I'm so happy. I'm never letting her go, I'm going to treat her how she deserves and I want to make her smile everyday that she's with me. "Shall I drop you home?" I asked and she smiled before cuddling into my side, "no" she said as she buried her face into my chest. "Why not?" I asked and she looked up at me poking her tongue out at me, "because I want to spend more time with my boyfriend" she said hugging me tightly. I mentally awed at her answer and placed a light kiss on her temple, "I love you" I whispered as I rest my chin on the top of her head.

——— time skip/ drop off home———

I walked up to her front door holding her hand and my jacket draped around her shoulders keeping her warm. "Thank you Luke" she said softly as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, "what for?" I asked still smiling at her. "This amazing date and it was even better now that I have such an amazing and handsome boyfriend" she said cheerfully, "I'm not handsome I'm far from it" I said and she shook her head still smiling. "No you're handsome Luke" she said before standing on her toes and leaning in close to my ear, "you're more handsome than the jocks at school, I could even say you're sexy" she whispered into my ear. I could feel myself blushing at her compliment, "I'm not sexy Lacy" I said and she pecked my lips repeatedly.

"That's a lie Luke because you're sexy enough to steal my heart" she said poking her tongue out at me, I laughed at her words and she hugged me tightly. "Goodnight Luke be safe" she whispered, "I will I promise" I whispered back to her. I kissed her goodbye and she left to go inside her house, turning on my heels and walking down the stairs and towards the car. I drove home and quietly entered the house being cautious that Dad could be in the house passed out or drunk in front of the TV. Closing the door and making my way up to my room I could hear the TV still on and I could see the empty beer bottles on the floor. I hurried to my room and closed the door behind me blocking it, stripping out of my clothes and changing into my Pyjamas.

I walked over to bed and tucked myself in lying down with my head on the pillow and a smile on my face. Best day ever today and I felt like I was in a dream, she said yes to me and this time it's real. Nothing is fake anymore, everything is real and 100%. I closed my eyes and relaxed turning off my bed side lamp before eventually falling asleep.