13

Ashton POV

Breath in and breath out it's gonna be fine now that Kaitlin and I are no longer together. In all honesty things just weren't working out for us at all, I mean she was cheating and I had feelings for someone else now and I sorta had for a while. Calum left the home economics room once class was over, I grabbed my bag and walked out of class to see Kaitlin making out with Drew. You'd think I'd be angry but I wasn't because I just had no feelings for her, yes I was upset but that was all. I went for a walk down the hall and I passed the music room to see Calum inside playing the bass. I quietly make my way inside and close the door behind me, he doesn't seem to notice my presence just yet.

I sit on a stool across from him and watch him play the bass until he looks up and he eyes go wide when he see's me. "Ashton" he said in surprise, " hey Calum" I said smiling and he seemed nervous. "That tune sounds great" I complimented and he blushed at my words. "What can I do for you Ashton?" Calum asked as he set his bass guitar down. "I wanted to ask you something" I said nervously, I don't know why I get so nervous around him. "Um sure" Calum said as he awaited my question, "are you free this Friday night?" I asked and he looked at me confused. "Yea why?" He asked me with the same confused expression on his face.

Calum POV

"I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie" Ashton said and I was even more confused wasn't he dating Kaitlin. "Um Ashton aren't you dating Kaitlin, sounds like your asking me on a date" I said, "that's because I am Calum and also Kaitlin and I aren't together" he said in almost a whisper. "Okay then sure" I said with a hint of doubt, was he being serious right now. "So you'll come with me to the movies?" He asked in surprise and I just nodded, he smiled and jumped up and down on the spot in excitement it was cute. "Cool um I'll pick you up Friday night at 7:30pm" he said and I nodded in agreement with Ashton, "sounds nice see you then" I said and he left the music room.

"Holy smokes" I whispered to myself and I straight away texted Lacy about what had happened just now.

C- Calum, L- Lacy

C- Oi love bird help me Ashton just asked me out on a date to the movies and I'm freaking out.
L- he what!
C- yea
L- Kaitlin and him must've broken up because she was cheating on him. Oh I knew it Cashton was real😁😁
C- Hahahaha yea but I'm really nervous about it though
L- relax it's only Wednesday so you have so much time
C- you make it sounds like a breeze
L- do you think fake dating Luke was a breeze because it's not
C- are you gonna tell him?
L- I'm going to have to eventually break things off as much as I'm falling in love with him
C- Lacy if you love him then you'd stay with him and who knows make it offical.
L- Calum it's not that simple
C- Lacy what do you mean it's not that simple
L- Luke's not like the others he's fragile and broken and I don't want to hurt him. I like seeing him smile.
C- then why don't you stay with him and not break up

I swear this girl didn't know what she was getting into, someone's gonna get hurt terribly I just know it. Luke's gonna get hurt and as much as I hate that I bullied him I want to change, I sorta only bullied him so Michael would never find out that I'm gay and he'd just think Cashton was a good joke.

Lacy POV

I can't believe Ashton asked Calum out, I look over at Luke as he wears his glasses and flicks through his text book. I'm in love with Luke but this was all a lie and it can't go on forever, Calum has a point though. If I love him I'd stay with him and not care about what others think. I look at Luke and I see right past the nerdy boy in front of me, I see a boy who's struggling and trying his best. I can see the damage and I want to help him so much but for some reason I'm afraid. I'm coming back to his house Saturday to work on the project with him so between now and then I'll think about my decision.

I love him but I'm afraid that this secret with get out of hand, I mean Luke was always bullied and I was the popular girl. I don't want to sound horrible when I say I love him and for some reason I can see it in his eyes he feels the same and it's obvious with his body language too, I can also see he's hurting as well. "Luke what are you reading?" I ask out of interest, "just the text for the assignment" he said. "What can I work on?" I asked and I laid down on my stomach beside him on the bed, "I dunno you choose" he said and I grabbed the paper lying in front of him to read.