8

Lacy POV

I turned up to school late and the halls were empty so everyone was in class, I walked through the halls wandering and looking around. I hadn't seen Luke yet even though I just walked past the music room and he wasn't in there. "Why's he not here?" I mumbled to myself and I made my way to the library, Luke wasn't the type to skip classes so there must've been a reason I hadn't seen him yet. I got to the library and found a table and sat down taking out my books to study. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts hovering my thumb over Luke's name, do I call him or leave him be. What if something happened and that's why he's not here, do I just leave him.

I quickly pressed the call button and held the phone to my ear before I changed my mind and he picked up after the second ring. "Hello?" He answered and I could tell his voice was dry as if he'd been crying, I frowned at the thought. "Hi Luke is everything okay?" I asked, "yea why?" He asked with a hiccup at the end of his words. "I just was wondering why you weren't at school um we still need to work on the project" I said and he sighed but his breath was shaky. "I um wasn't feeling well" he said sounding unsure like he was thinking off the top of his head. "Luke is something bothering you?" I asked and he went silent, "Luke you know that you are good enough and there's no need to listen to Michael, Calum and Ashton" I said and he sniffled. "Want me to come over and we can just chill but also do a little work on the project" I offered, "okay" he said, "Luke do you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked calmly. "I'm fine" he said and I shook my head, "Luke don't be like this" I said, "I'M FINE LACY, I REALLY AM!" He yelled over the phone before he hung up.

My hand went over my mouth as I gasped at how Luke had just yelled at me and I'd never heard him so angry. I packed up my books and left the library to leave school grounds, I walked out of the school gates and took the same road back towards the direction of Luke's house. It wasn't that far of a walk to his house, 15 minutes later I arrived. I knocked on the door and waited only to be greeted by the sight of Luke. His hair was a mess, his eyes red and puffy, his lips slightly dry and chapped and his skin pale. "Hi Luke" I said and he looked down at the floor, "may I come in?" I asked and he stepped aside allowing me to come inside. He closed the door behind us and I looked at him in silence, he fiddled with his hoodie sleeve and his body slightly shivered. "Want to go and get started?" Luke asked quietly and I nodded before following him up to his room.

He stood by the door allowing me to enter first and then he walked in behind me, I looked around his room and it was clean. Luke sat on the top of his bed with his books in his lap and open, his glasses on and he was looking through the pages. I sat on the end and opened up my book to look at my notes, I glanced up at Luke and saw his complexion. "Luke why were you mad at me?, all I want to do is help you" I said and he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "I guess I just wanted to handle it all myself" he said in a low voice, "Michael was bragging about everything when he came over and Luke I want you to know that I care about you" I said. "You're just saying that" he said and I shuffled closer on the bed towards him.

"No I really mean it Luke" I said before giving him a hug and he relaxed in my arms and nuzzled his face in my neck. "I'm sorry for yelling" he said into my neck and I ran my fingers through his hair, "it's okay Luke" I said in a calm voice.

Luke POV

She held me in a hug and my mind slowly relaxed and all the thoughts I had slowed down. The negative thoughts went silent and my mind wasn't racing at 100 kilometres an hour, "Luke you can tell me anything" she whispered. "I'm right here" she said before kissing me on the cheek, "come on let's do some work" Lacy said as she pulled away from me. I showed her a small smile and she poked my cheek returning the smile, "okay" I said and we soon got started on the project.