18

Luke POV

I woke up for once excited to go to school and to see Lacy, I got ready and showered before gathering my bag and coat to head to school. I walked out the door and walked down the street seeing Bradley and Tristan sitting outside on Bradley's front porch. "Hey Luke!" Tristan called out and I walked over, "Hey man haven't seen you in a while" he said. "Been busy with school" I said and Bradley bit his lip like he always did and crossed his arms. "You still dating my sister?" Brad asked, "you know about that?" I asked and he nodded. "Yea of course I know and I also know it's for show" he said sounding blunt, "how do you feel about it?" Tristan asked me. "Man honestly it hurts to know that it ain't real" I said as I adjusted my bag strap, "I know dude" Tristan said with a sorrowful expression. "I sorta wish it was real but it's all a lie" I said with a sigh and Brad stood up and walked forward to me.

"Luke things will work out and me being her brother I know she likes you even though she's hardly home" Brad said and I began to get nervous knowing all those times she was at my house. "You make her happy Luke" Brad said and I smiled in response, "anyways I'll let you go you're off to school" Brad said and I nodded. "Do you want a lift?" Tristan asked and I shook my head, "no thanks I'll walk it's okay" I said and he smiled. "Bye guys" I said waving and they waved back before I left for school. I walked down the same road I took everyday thinking about Lacy. I really wish I could have the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend but she's just way out of my league. She's beautiful, stunning, funny, adorable and she's just amazing. She's not like the other popular girls of the school who are nasty, she's one of a kind and I like that about her.

Calum POV

"Michael you know Lacy is right, you have no right to be saying the things you do" I said and he turned around to glare at me. "Shut up fag!" Michael yelled and his hand flew over his mouth, "Michael that's enough and your disgusting!" Ashton yelled. I looked down at the floor feeling ashamed and upset about what he had just called me. I never thought I'd hear those words come from Michael but I was wrong, "Michael you seriously have some issues" Lacy said as she hugged me. "Yea Michael it's horrible" Ashton said as he had his arm around my waist. "Don't you think you're taking things way to far" Lacy Sid in an angry tone.

"Calum I'm sorry" Michael said and I glared at him, "Michael words hurt just as well as actions do" Lacy said. "You don't know what Luke goes through so you're just hating him for nothing" Lacy backfired. "Neither do you and you only love him because you pity him" Michael said and I could just see how furious Lacy was at Michael. "I'm going to the bathroom" Michael said walking away and I looked at Lacy, "Thanks Lacy" I said giving her a tight hug. "No worries Cal" she said as she hugged me back, "do you think he'll ask again?" I asked and she shrugged. "About Luke?" She asked and I nodded, "yea but I'll just have to play it off which actually I have to tell you guys something" she said with a smile. "What is it?" Ashton asked and she looked so shy, "Lacy Simpson what did you do?" I asked in a cheeky tone and she poked her tongue out at me.

I looked around and more students started arriving at school, it was now 8am so of course the halls would fill up. Seeing the jocks, cheerleaders, goths and so many other social clubs walk through the door it just hit me that hell was about the start then Michael returned to us.