7

Luke POV

I walked down to the local gym after school and I planned on working out a bit then going into the spa's. The gym was only a few blocks away because I knew a short cut so it was a 10 minute walk. I got to the gym and put my stuff in a locker before grabbing my towel and going to do a session. I finished doing weights and as I went to do another rep I saw three familiar faces walk through the doors of the gym. It was Michael, Calum and Ashton. Shit why?, I tried to hide my face so they wouldn't recognise me or talk to me but it was too late Michael noticed me.

"Look if it isn't the lanky tall not so good looking Luke" Michael said and I rolled my eyes. "Trying to gain some muscle for your lady to love you more, mate she'll dump you soon" Michael laughed. "Whatever dude your just pissed she wouldn't date you" I said and Calum laughed at my answer. "Say what mate" Michael growled, "you heard me" i said and he looked furious. "You're nothing but Chubby Hemmings" Michael said with a smirk and that really got to me. "She's only dating you because she feels sorry for you" he said and I looked at him feeling so annoyed. Something about Michael saying it just pissed me off and I couldn't tell if it was because he was a jerk or he just seemed like your typical smart ass.

"Michael is there ever a time you shut the hell up!" I yelled at him with all the anger that boiled up inside of me. I pushed him and he stumbled back before grabbing my arm with a tight grip, "she's gonna leave you Luke and you know it" Michael taunted. "No she won't!" I yelled back at him even though that voice in the back of my mind was saying that she would. "Okay we'll see then if you keep your precious girlfriend" he said with a smirk before shoving past me while Calum and Ashton followed behind him. I signed as I looked behind me watching them walk off, I don't want to admit it to myself yet that she could find someone better.

Lacy POV

The boys and some of my friends were coming over tonight for a movie and I really wanted to invite Luke over too. Ashton, Calum, Michael, Crystal who was Michael's girlfriend, Kaitlin who was Ashton's girlfriend and Calum doesn't have a partner however he does have a crush on Ashton. Honestly whenever Kaitlin isn't around we do bring the ship name up and tease them about it. Sometime later it was now 6pm and everyone was due to come over to my house.

I had everything all ready to go and then the door bell rang, I went to answer it only to find the whole squad showed. I let everyone in and they made themselves at home as usual and I pulled out my phone to dial Luke's number.

"Hello" Luke answered and I smiled, "hey Luke" I said. "Um I was wondering if you wanted to come over all my friends are over for a movie night and I was wondering if you'd join us?" I asked and he sighed. "I can't tonight I'm busy sorry" he said in disappointment, "that's okay I'll see you tomorrow" I said and I heard him say bye have a nice night before I hung up. I went to join the others and tuned into the conversation, "Lacy when are you gonna dump Luke?" Michael asked as he poured himself a drink. "What are you on about?" I asked, "why are you even dating that lanky piece of shit?" Michael asked. "He's not a piece of shit" I argued back to Michael, "really?, because he's quite pathetic and weird" Michael said and I walked up to him angrily. "Whoa" Michael laughed as I pushed him by his chest, "don't woah me what did you say to him?" I asked. "Duh the truth that you'll leave him" Michael said and that made my blood boil, "well I'm not leaving him" I said crossing my arms. "So tell us then are you actually dating him or is this a stunt for your popularity?" Kaitlin asked, I looked over at Crystal and only she knew the real truth.

"Guys come on drop the subject" she said and Michael looked back at her glaring, "no because I want to know" Michael argued. "Know what?" I asked through my gritted teeth, "are you leading Luke on?" Calum asked and those words hurt because in a way I guess I was even though I really like him. "Fine the whole relationship is fake" I admitted and they all looked at me wide eyed except for Crystal who shook her head at me. "So you're just trying to make him feel special and does he know?" Kaitlin asked, "he knows it's fake but I don't know if the idea of fake has worn off" I said knowing full well it did wear off. There was more reasons I wanted to "fake" date Luke but I won't mention those to them. "I knew it" Michael said with a smirk, "Michael why would you say to him I'd leave him?" I asked and Michael smirked. "That loser deserves no friends Lacy" he said and I rolled my eyes, "that's so unreasonable" I said and he shook his head. "No it's not Lacy" Michael said and I looked at Calum who got up uncomfortably and excited the living room, "what's up with him?" Kaitlin asked as she saw Calum leave. "I'll go after him" Ashton said as he got up and walked in the direction Calum went, "I swear to god Cashton" I whispered so no one else could hear me.

Luke POV

I lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling feeling exhausted but also depressed, i know Michael, Ashton and Calum we right but I don't want to believe it. I know this relationship is fake but it doesn't feel like it, I sit up on my bed and face the mirror on my closet. Look at me I'm miserable, I'm disgusting and unworthy but she's with me instead of someone else. I love her but I feel like I don't deserve her, I can feel a single tear roll down my cheek.