1✖️Fight Or Flight

Darkness.

My sight and my mind.

My only relying source is my hearing and touch.

Metal cuffs secured me down to the unknown object beneath me; sharp sensations traveled throughout my skin. My memory was blank, I struggled to understand who I even was myself.

Adrenaline raced around my defenceless body.

Fight or flight.

I shook my body to the limits.
Fought till I couldn't fight any more.

"She's stirring."
"We will need assistance, she's tough."

Voices?
I'm not alone.

"Anna, are you with us?"

Anna. The one recognisable word. My name. The only source that remained in my mind. I gradually opened my eyes, avoiding the pain; still fighting my way out of this position. Bright lights fulfilled my eyesight, only to be blocked by a man with a surgical mask on.

I grumbled in confusion, the only sound willing to escape my mouth.

"She's awake. Anna, can you hear me?"

Squinting, my eyebrows furrowed. Cautiously nodding in response to the unknown muffled voice.

Hands were continuously roaming around my skin, finding another location to prick me. As hard as I tried, nothing came to sense. I don't know why I'm here or what this place even is in the first place.

I was still fighting, determined to free myself.

"Maybe we should resort to anaesthetic, she clearly isn't going to calm down any time soon."

"No, give her time. She'll give up soon, she will eventually work out that fighting will do nothing."

I took their phrases deep into my mind. They're right. No matter how hard I try, there's no way out; I'll only have to accept this situation before I make it worse.

Whilst engrossed in my thoughts, the power of speaking finally came upon me. Yet still weak and shaky.

"Where am I...and why?" I paused shortly after every word, attempting to at least sound a little clear.

"Anna, there are some questions we cannot answer. But for those that can be answered, I need you to stay still for us." One female came into vision, blood on her surgeon mask; she looked serious and professional.

I relaxed my body, feeling the death grip from the other strangers relax.

"This is Bricondale. A mental asylum."

My eyes widened; sailing through all the reasons I could be in here. The workers noticed my uncomfortable presence, allowing me space by stepping out of the room.

"We'll just let that sink in for you darling." One of them whispered to me, everyone stepping out the large white room.

Forgetting the unexplainable news that was just shared we me, my mind wondered to other places. I was given time to observe the activity surrounding me, three other beds stood in the room; only home to one other patient. She was asleep, her chest was slowly ascending and descending. Her skin was ice; the palest I've ever seen while her shimmering black locks draped over the sides of her bed.

There was no hint of insanity.

Mental asylum?

Yeah right.

My eyes then travelled to my own weak state. Bruises and scratches invaded my porcelain skin followed along with needles taped and secured into multiple purple veins.

My admiration was disturbed by the large doors slamming open, several workers storming in; terror written all over their faces. They were screaming and shouting; also disturbing the second female in the room. I positioned my body to sit ninety degrees upwards, analysing the commotion before me.

"GET READY TO TIE HIM DOWN."

"DO YOU HAVE THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF ANAESTHETIC?"

They were swarming around the empty bed besides me, opening all the locks; ready to welcome a new patient.

"Hurry!"

"How is he doing?"

"Horrible, he's still fighting. He attempted to stab a member of staff with one of the kitchen knives."

"Which patient are we on about?"

"Kim Taehyung."

UNEDITED