31✖️Not That Easily

Surely the wonders of Bricondale shutting down meant freedom, peace, excitement and the chance to live life to its fullest. However, that's currently not the case. Here we were, back again in the lifeless police station office. How foolish of us both to assume that we'd be released immediately after crimes that we have previously committed.

"Mr Kim, Sir. I have searched on the system and I've found your background and offences you once took part in."

I fiddled with my thumbs as Taehyung slowly nodded- his attention sunk into Johns words.

"So...you have Dissociative Identity Disorder; am I correct?"

"Yes." Taehyungs voice was deep and shaky- his history is never a topic he's comfortable chatting about.

"And what does this do to you Sir? How does it affect your daily life?"

Taehyung clenched his fists, balling them up into his lap.

"My other half only takes over when I get angry. He doesn't come as often anymore because Anna helped me fight the urge for him to come through. When he does though, it's not a pretty sight." Taehyung shifted his gaze over to me; I bit my lip nodding- understanding the horrors of V.

"Thank you Mr Kim. You seem to be acting as if your disorder creates another person? Is that right?"

"He's a completely different person, by 'he' I mean V." Taehyung mumbled.

"V. So what is his behaviour like?"

I lowered my head, I could immediately tell that Taehyung was growing in frustration. Constant questions about his other half is practically calling for V; his tone of voice was shaky and visibly afraid of the consequences of answering these questions.

"John, just imagine this..."

Taehyung began, his expression turned within a blink- suddenly delivering a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Imagine a girl on her period."

I opened my mouth wide, transferring my hand over to playfully smack his cheek. Taehyung carried on, "exactly my point. But a little more feisty."

"I am not on my per"—

John awkwardly coughed in attempt to steal our distracted attention. I glared at Taehyung one last time, he winked. I raised my palm again slightly in preparation to slap him again- however, Tae unexpectedly latched onto my wrist and controlled my arm to hit myself. 

"Uno reverse card."

I struggled holding my laughter in, ignoring the impatient officer sat in front of us. Once gathering the ability to breath again, I comfortably slouched down into my chair and apologised to John.

"Sorry Sir."

John lightly smiled in appreciation, clapping his hand as a signal for his next set of questions.

"Your criminal records say you've murdered five people in a hotel? A family of four and their maid?"

The humour was forgotten as Taehyung tensed every muscle in his body, I cautiously placed my hand onto his thigh- comforted with the feeling of him relaxing under my touch.

"Yes."

His words were secure and sharp; obviously not wanting to explain any further.

"Care to explain?"

"No."

"Taehyung, we're not going to get anywhere if you don't explain further."

Tae gave up, defeated.

"It was V."

"Thank you, that's all I needed. So you said that you're learning to control your anger?"

"Yeah, Anna helps me. She's the only person who's been able to get me back when V is in control." Taehyung glanced into my eyes, softening under my gaze.

"Wait. You're telling me Anna is the only one who can turn you back?"

He hummed, placing his toasty hand on top of mine which remained on his toned thigh.

"Well then. I was suggesting sending you off to a councillor once a week but that's not needed if you have Anna. I suppose you'll be living in separate houses?"

"We haven't really deci"—

"No, we will be living together."

I furrowed my eyebrows, turning my neck to face the man who interrupted me.

"Ah, that makes it a lot easier then. Now, if you'd excuse me, I need to speak to the Head of Department to discuss further plans. Is it alright if you can stay in here for a few minutes?"

"That's perfectly fine Sir." Taehyung nodded.

Once John shut the creaky door behind him, I widened my eyes; boldly staring into Tae's mischievous ones.

"We're living together?"

"Yes Anna. Yes we are."

"Since when did we agree with this?" I questioned.

"Stop acting as if you didn't agree. You wanna live with me and you know it." He smirked.

"And how do you know that?" I folded my arms over one another, crossing my legs in sync.

"Because you like me. In fact... you love me."

"You don't know how I feel." One of my eyebrows raised.

"Anna, the things we've done together. You can't say that you don't like me." A gently chuckle escaped from his mouth, he moved his palm up to cup my cheek and squish it about.

I squirmed, "be quiet."

"Ran out of things to say?" Taehyungs laugh picked up even more.

I eventually broke out in laughter, feeling defeated. "Fine, you won. We're living together."

Taehyung clapped his hands, his classical body grin growing onto his face.

"Great! You can wash up, dust the furniture and clean the win"—

"Go fuck yourself."

Without warning, the door reopened itself again, revealing two officers standing proudly- happily representing their uniform.

"Mr Kim and Miss Rae. We've both made out decisions on what to do with you and where to place you now Bricondale has shut down." The first man spoke, speedily passing over to John.

"We've rented out a house for you both, donations have been made for patients from the asylum. We will hand you allowances for six months until you find a job and are stable enough to pay your own ways in life. Anna, it's requested that you still work with Taehyung on his anger and assist him whenever he needs."

My face broke into a smile.

A genuine smile that hasn't placed itself on my face for a long time.

Me and Taehyung both jumped into each others arms, cheering together with joy. Tears streaked themselves down my skin, I felt as if all my problems were just elevated off my shoulders permanently.

Let's start a new life.

✖️✖️✖️

UNEDITED

Thank you so much for you patience for this chapter. School has been rather busy lately and I've struggled to find time to actually sit down and focus on writing.

Luckily, Insane is extremely close to finishing meaning I'll be beginning a new story which will be based on Jimin.

I hope your day/night is going wonderfully, please stay fit and healthy and always drink enough water!

In a bit,
Star 💗