29✖️Go Go

"Shit, shit." Taehyung muttered while he grabbed my wrist, pulling me along the bush covered pathway.

"The police station isn't too far is it?" I painted nervously, looking behind me to see nothing but over towering trees and rain droplets. "No, not far, I told you they'd realise quickly. We will make it though Anna. I promise you."

Civilisation gradually came into sight, my hope was increasing every step I took. The barking was close, but not close enough to scream danger. "Won't they be able to smell us?" I questioned, realising that that's the way the guard dogs would find us. "Probably." My heart dropped. "But the aroma of the rain should hopefully make it a little more difficult."

Taehyung wasn't lying when he said the police station wasn't far; at the exit of the forest, there was a car park then across the road was the building I've been hoping to see.

He yanked me across the road, dodging all the cars- earning the occasional horn. "Taehyung! Are you trying to kill me?" I yelled over the traffic and the storm- which was thankfully slowing down.

"Yeah. You're annoying." He laughed as we eventually reached the station- I didn't hesitate to slap him on the chest. "Now, let me do the talking, just answer all questions honestly." His hand stroked my cheek, looking deep into my eyes; realising he was staring for too long and opened the door.

There was a small waiting room, everyone turned to look at us; disgusted looks spread across all of their faces. I'm not blaming them, we were drenched, bruised, had bandages wrapped around our abdomens and our clothes were torn to oblivion. Completely ignoring the impatient bunch of waiters, Taehyung continued to drag me across the room towards the front desk.

"Can I help?" A man dressed smartly in uniform looked up curiously- looking us up and down in a judging way.

"Yes. We need to talk to someone now please." Taehyung spoke confidently.

The officer frowned, peering around to see the waiting room. "As you can see sir, we have a list. You'll have to wait. Just give us your name and we'll call you when we're ready." He offered Taehyung a pen to write down his details in which he politely refused, "please. This is important, we don't have time."

The man scanned us again, "reason to be seen quickly please?" With this, Tae didn't refuse. He began to unwrap his bandage, and lifting his shirt which revealed a deep stab wound; similar to mine. The officers eyes widened, "and you have one too Miss?" I nodded, looking down at my crimson stained bandage.

"What happened?"

"Bricondale."

Taehyung didn't even need to explain much further, the Officer immediately snapped into the situation; ordering them to follow him down a corridor. The building was cozy and warm, a shock to the system after living in the asylum. We arrived into a room at the last turning of the hallway, the Police man knocked- waiting for the low welcoming from the other side of the door. Once getting permission, he slowly entered; beckoning us inside. Taehyung nodded at me, allowing me to go in first.

The room had a large desk accompanied by three chairs either side, one of them in use by another smartly dressed man who looked up questionably.

"Bricondale sir." The first man spoke, the new one nodded, gesturing us to take a seat. "Thank you. So you too, just call me John, that would be much appreciated." We remained quiet, Taehyung rummaging to find my hand, latching onto it and circling his thumb around my palm.

"Names please?"

"Kim Taehyung."

"Anna Rae."

"You're lucky we let you through immediately. This needs to be worth my time you two. Now, explain, what's going on."

"Do you have no clue whats going on in Bricondale Asylum right now?" Taehyung questioned, shocked yet agitated.

"The usual activities that goes on in a mental asylum I believe? The truth is we haven't inspected it for a long time; their security is so high. That's the reason why we've accepted you early- you're the only possible closest way to get to an inspection." John admitted, shrugging his shoulders yet somehow making his movement remain professional.

"No." Taehyung snapped. "It's abuse, plain abuse. We have literal stab wounds from experiments they performed on us; practically torture methods."

"May you show me these stab wounds."

We both stood up, Taehyungs was already revealed whereas I was still unwrapping mine. John scanned both wounds, frowning. "And how did you get out young man?"

"We escaped. How else were we supposed to leave." Taehyung snapped again; his temper visibly rising.

"So you're not meant to be here right now..." John slowly spoke, raising an eye brow.

I decided to take over the talking, Taehyung was clearly getting upset and angry. V was the last thing I wanted to deal with right now.

"Yes. But we legally should have been released a while ago anyways."

"And what makes you say that Miss Rae?"

"I was in a coma after an offence I committed, not remembering anything about my past when I woke up. Bricondale made an exception that if I lost my memory, they would release me. They never did."

"Your offence Miss?"

"Orphanage fire."

John hummed, turning to his computer, viciously typing at the keyboard. "Ah, yes. Your documents are on the system. It says here that you were released from Bricondale a while ago."

Taehyung growled. "They're sick. It's all a lie."

The officer had enough patience to ignore Taehyungs frustration and attitude. "What they're doing is illegal. Our last resort is to inspect the place- high security or not."

I sighed in relief, glad that we were safe in the hands of the police force.

"But you will have to come back with us."

"Nah, fuck that." Taehyung muttered.

"Sir, you'll have to. We won't send you back there, it's illegal. We just need your directions."

"Well, better go soon because they're after us. They already know we're gone." Taehyung shrugged. John smiled in response, "my schedule is empty for a while. We can go now."

And just like that.

We found ourselves stood at the large gates of Bricondale Asylum.

And hopefully the last time.

✖️✖️✖️

UNEDITED

BAM

I'm actually kinda depressed that we're coming to the end of this story, it's definitely been a blessing to write. I've really enjoyed it.

At it couldn't have been better without your supportive comments. Thank you. :)))

By the way, happy Friday. My treat for you is multiple updates since I'll struggle updating during the week days due to school.

Star x