3✖️Whiplash

"You tried to kill someone Anna. It worked."

It's a miracle how your moods can change in a second. Even if I was already in a downer, my world just collapsed even more.

'It worked.'
Those words.

Those words began to ring through my mind repetitively; driving me insane.

Insane.

There was too much going on.

The pace of my easy breathing increased rapidly, my heartbeat was practically escaping from my chest.

I was crying.

Not just crying.

Breaking down.

Until there was once again;
Darkness.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Cold fingertips were felt driving their way across my face, occasionally poking my cheeks.

Muffled voices began to take their form, the sound of confusion rung around me; paired with hot breaths as I slipped my weak eyes open.

A group of people were crowding around me; in a half destroyed chair located in a cold stone walled room.

Due to natural instincts, I jumped in surprise mixed with fear which caused them all to step back slowly.

These weren't just people.

I scanned the miniature crowd a second time, each individual owned unique trademarks; ranging from: dwarfism, tattoo covered face, missing limbs. You name it.

But there was one thing they all had in common.

Scratches and bruises covering their corpse skin, glowing red as if made recently.

"You are awake!" A woman sang, no legs. Just balancing on her arms.

I coughed, trying to recall the situation that took place before I ended here.

"Say something girl. We won't kill you." The tattooed covered man snapped in frustration.

"We only do that on the outside."

I snapped my head up with my eyes wide displaying obvious worry and concern which was read by the crowd immediately.

"Why are you scared?" The same man spoke again, this time laughing in such a charming way; there was no denying the fact he was a psychopath.

"Anna dear, you wouldn't be in here if you hadn't of killed anyone." I shifted my view down to the dwarf sized woman stood looking up to me.

My thoughts came rushing back in.

'It worked.'

Before another stress attack, deep screaming could be heard on the other side of the large metal doors at the end of the hall. As a guess, I assumed this room is a living room, just to chat with others and watch television. There were red, rustic sofas lined up in random spots close to a T.V along with a music player and board games.

No windows though.

My attention dragged its way back to the screaming as it appeared a second time. Due to nerves, the cracking of my knuckles attracted one of the strangers again.

"Don't worry that's Taehyung. He must have done something wrong."

"Taehyung?"

"You really don't want to mess about with him. He's aggressive, extremely aggressive." The ink covered man emphasised his last words.

"He's killed several people. In fact, some were patients here. Lord knows why he's still allowed to roam around with us."

My pupils widened in horror again, none of this is making sense.

"Just don't bother talking to him unless he talks to you. He doesn't trust anybody and will never talk to anyone but the workers. But when he is talking to them, there aren't any nice words coming out of his mouth."

"We fear him." The brave legless woman shivered, shooting her head over towards the door as it started opening again; cowering in fear.

It was the guy that was in the bed next to me.

What?

My confusion evolved even more.

He spoke to me in that room; clearly he's not that bad.

Sophisticatedly dressed workers unlocked handcuffs that were tied around his veiny wrists, leaving him alone with us and locking the door behind them.

"What are you all looking at." He spat with his mesmerising deep voice.

No one spoke, just jumped slightly in fear and returned to their original activities.

I however, had nothing to do other than look at Taehyung. There was a fresh whiplash bleeding across his cheek but my main focus was his eyes which were fixated on mine. A mischievous smirk rising.

He was walking over to me.

My heart added several more beats to control the adrenaline racing through my body.

"Anna, when I tell you something, don't pass out on me next time."

UNEDITED