28✖️Only Chance

"It's unlocked."

"You're kidding right?"

"Why would I be joking. C'mon, let's fucking run for it while we can." Taehyung reached to latch onto my petit wrists as I stubbornly dug my heels into the floor; preventing any movement. Taehyung looked at me questionably, puzzled by my apprehensive mood- raising one eyebrow.

"Anna?"

"I really don't think we should. You know what happened last time. We're literally still recovering from our last punishment; if we get caught again we're deceased."

His gaze softened, tilting his head as he assured me, "We would've escaped if Chin-won wasn't a prick. Trust me Anna, please- this is our only chance." Taehyungs eyes were pleading, hope sparkled in his eyes. No matter how hard I tried to say no, the only word willing to escape my mouth was the permission for him to drag me further.

"Fine."

He broke into a boxy grin, turning his back and peaking his head around the supposedly locked door. "It's all clear. Don't say a word, just stay quiet and do what I say." I hummed lightly, taken aback by his sudden dominance.

The corridors were dimly lit as always, large flames flapping above the rotten torch sticks. It was silent- oddly silent. I admired Taehyungs long legs traveling swiftly down the hall, at least on of his steps were two of mine due to his long strides. His shiny blonde hair shimmered in the torchlight, ruffling up as he continued his quickening pace. I was constantly checking behind, conscious that someone may be following our footsteps. The journey felt like forever, tension and anticipation building up in my system. Corner after corner, the maze went on- Taehyung clearly was extremely familiar with Bricondale and it's passages- eventually ending up in a familiar corridor. The large concrete wall stood at the end, accompanied by a smallish door which we both attempted to pass through before.

The door was ancient; some sort of pattern was needed to unlock it- Taehyung knowing it immediately. He gently placed his hand on my upper back, putting slight pressure on it, "you go first." He softly whispered.

I looked up at him with wide eyes as I bent down just in front of the door- fearing the end of the secret passage way. "You'll be fine, there's another door at the end, I'll just have to climb over you."

I typically blushed, the thought of him trying to squeeze his larger figure over mine. The passage was small, that wouldn't be an easy task.

I obeyed, slouching down to make my way through the enclosed space. Spiderwebs laced proudly around the torches illuminating the darkness, a gentle door shutting behind me. I turned to see Taehyung, he nodded in acceptance to continue in which I didn't hesitate to do so. Shortly after, I became face to face with another rustic door, twisting my head once again to silently question the next move to Tae.

"Just slouch a bit more. I need to get over you."

My eyes trailed around the cramped space, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen."

He deeply chuckled at my remark, "fine, stay there; we'll do it this way."

I felt his arms snake around my neck, hanging above my shoulders. His chest was pressed against my back as his hands fiddled with the door in front of me. My breath hitched, the way his breath brushed against my neck occasionally and his hair tickling my ear. There was a click in the door as it slowly swung open, revealing the pouring rain; attacking the forest ahead of us. Taehyung pressed his lips against my neck, then returning to his original position and edging me to go on.

The grass was drenched, the clashing sound of rain smashing against the luscious green leaves was surprisingly pleasant. The tall trees towered over, branches dipping down. The sky was dim and grey, occasional flashes of lighting which made me jump.

"Beautiful isn't it." Taehyung commented, realising that this was a completely new sight to me after losing my memory.

"Uh-huh." I murmured, mesmerised by the nature surrounding me, Taehyung shut the door behind me which caught my attention. I turned my figure to reveal the tall, stone building stood before us. Dying vines crawled their ways up the large walls, barbed wire coated around. It gave me the chills.

"That wasn't a mental asylum. It was an abusive prison." I spoke my mind unknowingly, Tae laughed, "you don't say."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, once again leading me through the forest. "You know what?" He broke the silence. Which wasn't actually pure silence due to the aggressive storm surrounding us. "Hm?"

"I've tried to get through there so many times, I've never made it till now."

"I must bring you good luck." I playfully punched him on the chest, his face dropped to a serious expression.

"We need to be quick though, they'll notice we're gone. There are security cameras too, it won't be long till they see we've escaped."

"So they're basically going to find us anyway?"

He averted his gaze to me and smirked, "not if we follow my new plan."

"Oh god." I sighed in defeat, we're screwed.

"We're going to the police station, we legally shouldn't be in there. Especially when we're experimented on like that." His eyes widened, suddenly remembering our recent torture. "Yours is getting better right?"

"Yeah, what about yours?"

He nodded, lacing his fingers with mine- squeezing my hand reassuringly.

"What do we tell them though? I've literally killed someone; they won't hesitate to send me back."

"Not there they won't. There's no way you're going back there; I'll make sure it won't happen."

A recognisable sound was heard in the distance- immediately assuming it was coming
from behind us. Barking.

Not just any barking.

Aggressive barking.

Taehyung perked his head up, suddenly coming to a halt.

"Shit. I told you it wouldn't be long."

✖️✖️✖️

UNEDITED

Not many updates recently, School has started and it's a pain- sorry about that.

Happy Friday, I hope you enjoyed the double update. :)

Star ⭐️