39- Trial

For what I can tell, the art is by CaCao

We practiced for a while and both our Pokémon felt strong. They were confident and I nodded. We went to the trial site and Ilima smiled as he spoke with the three.

"Ah! And there are the other two!" We waved and I smiled. "Sorry! We were training for a bit longer!" He smiled and spoke.

"That's normal. Now, since you're here, I can quickly explain everything." I nodded and Lunar smiled.

"So, when you enter, your trial immediately starts. During the trial, you may not capture any Pokémon and to get the Z-crystal inside, well, let's say that the protector is quite strong." We smiled and Hau spoke.

"I want to get the Z-crystal... but..." He mumbled and we were confused. "N, why don't you do the trial first? Get it over with so you don't have to hear the Pokémon after. I imagine Ilima has to heal them." He smiled and spoke.

"I only heal the strongest Pokémon. I let the pre-trial Pokémon rest and the others know and replace them. Don't worry, they do know that's it's five trial runners." N thought and nodded.

"That's probably best for me then... I don't want to hear the other hurt ones... Just... nervous... to battle...." Ilima was confused and spoke. "Hm? What do you mean?" "Oh, I can understand Pokémon.... I just don't want to hear the battles..." N sighed and I smiled. I grabbed his hand and spoke. "It's okay N. I'm sure you'll get it done quickly. And they haven't left, so they're okay with it." He looked before smiling.

"Thanks (Y/n)." I smiled and nodded. I pet Vee and smiled. "When I go in there, you'll stay with N, okay?" She purred and nodded. I smiled and Ilima smiled.

"Oh yeah, isn't that Sylveon a shiny Pokémon? How did you meet her?" He asked and I looked before smiling. "She was my friend. I got her as an Eevee egg kn my 14th birthday. My grandmother decided it was time for me to have a Pokémon, and a few weeks later, Vee hatched. I... didn't read on shiny Pokémon much before so I thought she was sick..." I mumbled and she nuzzled me. I smiled and pet her. "But to put it simply, I hatched her and took care of her, and now, she's been a Sylveon basically since the start of my journey." She nodded and smiled.

We spoke for a while and I smiled. N soon came out with Rowlet now evolved and Yungoos wasn't too hurt. Rotom scanned Rowlet and Ilima smiled.

"I'll explain the z-crystal more after all of you beat the totem Pokémon. Now, I must heal him quickly." We nodded and Rotom spoke.

"Dartrix. The Blade Quill Pokémon. A Grass-Flying type. It throws sharp feathers called blade quills at enemies or prey. It seldom misses. It also makes sure it is always clean." N nodded and I smiled.

"(Y/n), want to go next?" "Oh I don't mind being out here for a bit longer. Go ahead and go first." They nodded and smiled. Sol cheered and went first. I smiled and held N's hand.

"Don't worry, I don't want to put you in pain, so we won't be here for long. I just want to cheer these three before we continue."

He nodded and smiled.

"It's alright. But..." "Hm? What's wrong?" He seemed a bit embarrassed and I smiled. "Don't worry. What's wrong?" "I... kinda want another malasada... that was good." I smiled and nodded.

"It was delicious. Hey, were-" "I've got plenty right here! I always carry fresh malasadas on me!" Hau cheered as he gave us some. I was surprised and laughed.

"Thanks Hau. How do you have so many?" "I'm a regular at all malasada shops! So, they often know that I want at least 20 malasadas. They also give me some discounts sometimes." We smiled and nodded. I gave some of mine to my Pokémon and they were happy. Yungoos wasn't very happy with a sweet malasada, but also didn't complain.