Seven

Elena

June 22

June 22

"February? You sure you wanna do it then"

Donovan nodded and I wiped something off of his check

"That's fine. I just gotta talk to ma about it cause she wanna be involved as much as possible"

"Ain't nothin wrong with that" Donovan said as he pulled me on his lap "you just should be lucky you got yo parents in yo life"

Donovan grew up living with his grandmother. His dad stayed in and out of jail until he was killed in a gang related shooting and his mom, she just flat out told him that she didn't want him and that he would be a disappointment so she gave him up to her mom when he was only 8 years old. Therefore, not only did he have to learn to love but he also had to learn to let people in because he figured if his own momma could walk out on him, anybody was capable of doing it

I laughed and shook my head "she's not my biological momma. My dad actually cheated on her with my mom and had me"

"Oh damn. And she took you in or some?"

"Basically. Me and my momma never got along so after she finally kicked me out, I went to stay with my dad but he travels too much so Noel talked them into letting me stay in Baton Rouge with them"

"You and Noel close as hell"

"Very... that's my sister. Whatchu expect. She's all I got" I shrugged and he arched up his eyebrow making me laugh "you know what I mean"

"I gotchu" Donovan laughed "well you need to talk to them ,before we move, about planning this shit. Cause I noticed you like to procrastinate"

"Yeah cause after we leave there's no telling when I'll be able to go back. I know ima miss my niece and nephew though"

"You do know you can fly them out here whenever you want right?"

I looked down at Donovan "how?"

"Babygirl" he chuckled "I just signed a 13 million dollar deal"

"Yeah... you JUST signed it. You can't be blowing your money away either. Spend it wisely. Invest, save up. Don't go out buying shit just cause you got the money cause remember whatchu told me. You didn't want the money to change you"

"It ain't gone change me. I still wanna make sure I keep you happy though"

"Donovan money can't buy happiness. YOU make me happy and as long as you keep loving me the way you do, I'll stay happy" I assured him with a kiss then stood up off of the bed "now Whatchu wanna eat? I feel like cooking"

"You wanna cook? Oh hell" he muttered with a chuckle

"Don't play like I can't cook boy"

"I know you can. I'm just fuckin witchu"

I made a face at him and walked out of the room, going into the kitchen. After a while Donovan walked in behind me and leaned against the counter while I rummaged through the cabinets and fridge

"You know you told me to invest right?"

"Mhmmm" I responded, going back to the fridge for the 3rd time like something new was gonna pop up

"I know some I wanna invest in... BUT I need you to trust and allow me to do it" he started up again while his eyes followed my every move. I stopped looking in the fridge and pushed up my glasses some

"What?"

"I wanna invest in you"

I closed the fridge door and laughed a little "Huh?"

"You fell asleep the other day witcho notebook open. I know you wanna have yo own store Elena"

Owning my own boutique was something I've always considered doing since I was a little girl but it was just a dream... you know, something you wonder if it would happen one day even though you know it's not.

"Oh" I laughed again "that? It's nothing serious"

"It seemed too thought out to say it's not that serious. Why won't you just let me help you?"

"Cause" I shrugged "I'm not about to use your money for a silly little dream Donovan"

"You ain't using my money. I'm investing in your dream cause I know you can do it"

"I don't know.... I just don't-"

"Elena" Donovan stepped in front of me and gripped onto my waist "you moving all the way to LA away from yo friends and family for me, holding everything down while I'm busy working. This is the least I can do for you. We can go looking for the perfect building as soon as we get out there and then we'll go from there. Okay?"

"Fine... but I still want you to invest in other stuff too. Continue to build up your money instead of blowing it away because you know most athletes usually go broke within their first 5 years cause they manage their money poorly"

"We still gotta have fun while we young too"

"True. Well put some away just in case, invest some and have fun with what's left over. I just don't want all your hard work to go to waste"

"That sounds reasonable"

"I know it does" I boasted with a smile "and when you supposed to be leaving again?"

"On the 25. And you coming out on the 10th right?"

I nodded and grabbed his hands, intertwining our fingers

"And that's the day Noel finds out if she having s boy or girl"

"The 6th?"

"No. The 25th.... but I told her she might end up having another girl. I don't know why"

"You thought Tupac and biggie's beef was bad. Let them bring another girl home, Kemoni will throw a whole fit" Donovan told me and I burst out laughing

"She really will. That girl is THE definition of a daddy's girl. That's why if we have a baby and it's a girl, she ain't gone be up under you. I'll have to fight you and her"

"Well you might as well get ready to fight cause any kids we have gone be all up under me"

"Tuh! Not if I gotta carry their big ass head for 9 months then go through hours of labor and push em out"

"If our babies have big heads it's yo fault" Donovan shrugged and I dropped my mouth open a little

"You know what.."

"I'm just saying... yo head ain't as little as you think but you still fine as hell"

"Fuck you" I pushed him back a little and he grabbed my hands, pulling me into him again

"Alright then" he smirked while biting his lip causing me to smack my lips

"Bye Donovan"

He hugged my waist and I laughed

"You are annoying"

"But you love my annoying ass though"

"I do... I must admit, I do"

I grabbed his face and repeatedly kissed him, smiling afterwards

————
100 Votes 100 Comments
I got 2 ready for today so......🤷‍♀️
————