Sixty Seven

Noel

December 8

December 8

Who would've thought my birthday could have become one of the worst days of my life. We were finally back in a good place, drama free, so why now?

"It's too close to the holidays for that heffa to be pulling a stunt like that" my momma ranted on the phone while I held it between my ear and shoulder while getting Nasir dressed for the day

"Ma, I can't even explain it. Right now, I'm just...."

"Just what?"

"I don't know" I sighed. Nasir started to pull at his hair and frown his face up

"Have you and Kentrell actually sat down and talked about this?"

"No. We really ain't say much to each other over the past few days"

I stood Nasir up and he started walking on the bed, going to the pillows

"Listen Noel, I understand this might be hard for you but he didn't know.."

"I know that. And I'm not really mad at him.. I knew Kentrell had a past so what came with it I gotta accept it. But still, it's like... damn" I shook my head and let out a deep sigh again. "I just think it's funny how your whole world can come crashing down in a few seconds"

"Well babygirl, all you can do from this point is rebuild that world that just crashed. For better or for worse, right?"

"Yeah.."

"Well this is one of those worse time and if anything, this is the time Kentrell needs YOU the most. Sit down and talk about this, see what's gone happen from here and support him. But make sure y'all do the right thing because even though this is an unfortunate situation, that child is innocent"

"I know."

"Maa!" Nasir yelled as he jumped on me, laughing

"Momma ima call you back. I'm about to go feed this boy and his sister"

"Alright. I'll talk to you later"

"Okay"

I hung up the phone and sat it down on the bed then picked Nasir up, leaving out of the room.

"I want more" Kemoni yelled as I walked into the kitchen, seeing her and Kentrell at the table.

"Daddy" Nasir yelled, catching Kentrell's attention. He looked up and I put Nasir down so he could go to Kentrell while I fixed him something to eat.

I settled on cooking him a pancake so while I did that Kentrell had to tend to the kids, who were now fighting

"Aye, y'all chill out" he laughed, pulling Nasir away from Kemoni

"STOP SIIR!"

"Ma!" Nasir yelled and I laughed, finishing his pancake. Once I was done I went to the table and sat it on his high chair while Kentrell put him down. Nasir walked over to me and I put him in the high chair and sat beside him, helping him eat