What now?

Bucky went to pull away and apologize not believing he had actually just risked ruining everything when Steve lazily wrapped his arms around Bucky's shoulders pulling him closer.

Steve pulled away after a few seconds with a smile.

"Wha-what was that for?" Steve asked surprised.

"I-I'm not complaining!" He added hastily.

"I love you, Steve....." Bucky whispered. "I've loved you for longer than I knew. You wanted to know why I'm so jealous of Sharon that I did something as stupid as leave to fight HYDRA knowing they could wipe my memory again and I've been so terrified of losing you that I didn't tell you any of this even though I tell you literally everything else! I'm so tired of lying to you and keeping secrets and I don't want to lose you but I'm done with the secrets and lies! I love you and you may hate me for that and I'm sorry but if you're going to scream at me about being stupid scream at me for this."

Steve just stared at him in shock.

"Yeah. That's what I thought. I'm sorry." He said turning to walk away.

"I love you too." Steve said before Bucky could leave.

"Wha-what?" Bucky said turning back to him.

"I love you too." He repeated.

"Y-you do?!"

"Yeah." He said with a laugh. "I do."

"Did Natasha know about that by any chance?" Bucky suddenly asked.

"Okay So I tell you I love you too and your first thought is Natasha?"

"No! No I-I'm just- she knew that I like you and w-well-"

"Yes she does know." He said with a laugh.

Bucky nodded. "So what exactly is this then?"

"I'm sorry didn't you date practically everyone back in the day?" Steve asked.

"This is different! You're my best friend, Steve!"

"Okay well you like me and I like you so I'm now going to ask you on a date. I'm assuming you'll say yes right?" Steve laughed.

"Y-yes."

"Okay. Good. Then that's that. Simple."

"Okay."