Press event

"I don't understand why we have to do this!" Steve said as they drove to the press event.

"Something about keeping up appearances and apparently your pictures of your date are supposed to drop in the magazines tomorrow so this'll help with that according to Nick." Tony said.

"Don't go off on people please." Bucky said to Steve.

"I do not go off on people."

"Tell that to the people you tried beating up back in the day for talking during a movie." Bucky said and Steve rolled his eyes.

They got to the press event and the avengers headed over to the stage along with Wanda and Peter. Bucky decided to stay off to the side not seeing a reason to be there anyways.

"Mr Stark, any plans to propose to your long term girlfriend Pepper Potts?!" One of the reporters asked.

"Uh no no not anytime soon that is. We're perfectly happy as we are for now." Tony said.

"Miss Romanoff! Is it true that you and your co-worker Mr Barton have a secret relationship?" Another reporter asked.

"No." She answered simply.

"How do you feel about people who think of you as villains more than hero's destroying everything in their wake?" Asked another.

"I say, Let's see how much better you could do. Sometimes some places get damaged but that's the cost to not losing your lives sometimes." Clint said.

"Mr Rogers any words on the pictures photographers took of you on your date and the fact that there about to be let out to the public in magazines and online sources?"

"I think people should respect people's privacy but I understand that people need to do their job. No comment."

"What's the name of your mystery date?" Another reporter added.

"No. Comment."

"How do you feel about gay marriage being made legal? Since you are from the older days."

"I think people should be allowed to be themselves and love who they want without judgement."

"Miss Romanoff what do you think about abortion rights being taken away from women?"

"I think that it's the woman's choice what she does with her own body and that men should stop telling them what to do with their bodies. I cannot have children because of what people did to me before I was recruited to help SHIELD and that's something I'll always have to live with. I never had the choice. I don't think people should get their choices taken away from themselves."

"Miss Maximoff, Care to comment?"

"I think Natasha put it in the better words than I ever could." Wanda answered.

"How do you all balance your superhero lives and your normal lives?"

"It's hard." Tony said.

"Kill your family. Quite your job. Eat sandwiches and nap." Clint said.

"That explains so much about you." Steve said to Clint.

They answered more questions and about an hour later the press thing ended.

"Thank god it's finally over." Steve said as they got back into the car."

"It wasn't that bad." Bucky said.

"You weren't the one answering questions." Steve said matter of factly.

"Would ice cream make you feel better?" Bucky asked.

"Uh hell yeah." Steve said and Bucky laughed.

"We'll meet you guys back at the tower." Bucky said before getting out of the car with Steve to walk to the ice cream parlor.

"Oh god you've got to be kidding me!" Steve said. They were almost at the ice cream place when they came by a bunch of protesters protesting about how gay people shouldn't be able to get married or something like that.

"Look! Captain America has come to join our protest!" One of the protestors yelled and the others cheered.

"I'm actually on my way to get ice cream. I'm actually quite offended you'd think I'd join something like this." Steve responded and kept walking. 'People have a right to their own opinions,' He kept reminding himself in his head.

"Stupid fags." The protester scoffed.

"E-excuse me?" Steve asked turning back around.

"Steve Don't do anything stupid." Bucky whispered going to grab Steve's hand and pull him away before he actually did anything stupid.

"I'm fine, buck. I'm not going to do anything stupid." Steve reassured.

"I said, stupid. Fags. Problem, Captain?"

Before Bucky could even make a move to stop Steve he was already punching the protester.

"Steve! God help me." Bucky said trying to pull Steve off the protester he was attacking.

He finally succeeded after a few minutes and pulled him into a hug.

"It's Okay Steve. They're just protesters. People are always going to be mad about something but punching them isn't always the answer to it if you haven't learnt yet." Bucky whispered with a small laugh before a cop came over and pulled Steve and Bucky apart putting handcuffs on Steve.

"W-wait What-What the hell are you doing?!" Bucky shouted.

"He attacked someone. He has to be taken down to the station." The cop explained.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Call Tony, Bucky. It's fine." Steve said as the cop lead him away.

"He risks his life everyday fighting for the people of this planet. He risked his life fighting in World War Two. He does one stupid thing and he's taken to jail? Bullshit!" Bucky muttered to himself as they took Steve towards the cop car.

'How does this thing work again?' He thought to himself pulling his phone out. He somehow managed to get it to work and he called Tony.

"Captain America! Any thoughts? Are you against gay people?" A reporter who was covering the protest asked.

"MY FUCKING GOD! NO! NO I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM AGAINST THEM! You wanna know the truth?" Steve asked with a scoff before pulling out of the cops grip and walking over to Bucky and kissing him.

"I'm gay. I'm dating my wonderful boyfriend, Bucky Barnes. Think about that before asking me a stupid question!" Steve shouted.

Tony finally answered the phone.

"Hey, Tony...........We have a problem." Bucky said as Steve walked away with the cop.