Baking

After two days of bed rest, Bucky couldn't take it anymore.

He got up at four in the morning, went for a run, the gym, and then the pool to cool down before back to their apartment to shower.

He got out of the shower and checked the time.

"6:13. Really? Not even 7 yet?" He asked himself turning on Netflix. He scrolled through the trending page before putting on The Great British Baking Show and grabbing the computer to look at the houses.

"14? So while I didn't know who I was you were getting rid of our 50 different choices?" He laughed.

"Oh I could make a better cake than that!" He said when the episode ended.

"Oh my god I could make a better cake than that." He repeated closing the computer and tossing it to the side grabbing the keys and slipping some shoes on running out the door.

An hour later he came back with bags and bags of supplies.

He opened up five different baking books before finding a raspberry cake that looked easy enough.

Steve walked out of the room. "I thought you were meant to be on bed rest."

"It's been two days I don't feel any head pain I'm fine. You went house shopping without me." Bucky said passive aggressively.

"Oh come on we weren't getting anywhere and you know it." Steve explained.

Bucky rolled his eyes walking over to him and giving him a small good-morning kiss.

Steve smiled pulling away looking him over.

"Are you wearing anything under that shirt?" He asked, looking at the oversized shirt hanging on his body.

Bucky scrunched his eyebrows lifting the shirt to reveal his boxers, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason. Can I change the channel? I never got a chance to watch the new episode of Grey's this week." Steve said changing topic at the same time he changed the channel.

Bucky shrugged your himself walking back to the kitchen.

He made the normal cake mix adding the gelatin and raspberries.

"So why are you cooking?" Steve asked.

"I was watching a cooking show and I thought 'I could do way better than that!' So... I went and bought some stuff." Bucky explained.

45 minutes passed and he finished the cake.

"Okay It's done. Chilled and everything. Want a slice?" He asked.

"Can't. Sams about to walk through that door and take me to buy a car seat." Steve answered.

"Didn't we get one already?"

"Yeah but then it didn't work with the car so we returned it.

Just as expected, Sam walked in through the door.

"What the hell did you make?" He asked.

"Raspberry cake. Want a slice?" Bucky answered.

"I hate raspberries." Sam answered as Steve got up.

"Why are the the plates in this drawer? Wouldn't it be smarter to have the cups in this drawer?" Bucky asked.

"Ignore me. He's lost his mind." Steve warned Sam as they headed out.
——————————————————————
They came back hours later, the smell of vanilla greeting them along with bake goods on every surface visible.