24

Jackson P.O.V.

I was staring at the wall across from me, when Jinyoung opened the door to Marks room and closed it behind himself.
After all this time waiting, I thought I would look forward to it more, but I dreaded this moment more than I would have thought.

My legs feel like jelly and I feel cold sweat dripping down my spine.

"Don't fuck it up." Is everything Jinyoung says to me, before he gives me a slight push towards the door and after taking a deep breath I open it and go inside.

Mark is sitting upright in a white robe in his white hospital bedding looking so pure and fragile.

He is looking out of the window as if he is trying to avoid any eye contact possible.

I close the door behind me and take a few steps forward, before I get second thoughts about my action and halt my steps.

"How do you feel?". Is all I can think of saying to him. Since the atmosphere between us both became so awkward, I barely know how to treat him, let alone what to say.

He turns his head in my direction and plasters a tired smile onto it. "I guess I've been better."

A couple of minutes have past when he finally turns his eyes away and looks onto his blanket again.

I look around the hospital room, hoping my eyes would catch something, that could entertain me and / or just end this awkward silence.

I spot a box of chocolate in the corner of the room and wall over to get it. I can feel his eyes on me, tracing my every move and our eyes shortly meet when I turn to bring him the box.

He accepts it. And puts it in his lap.

"Are you eating?" I see him flinch as a reaction on my uncalled for question. I know that I am supposed to keep some distance, but I just had to hug him, to burry my face into his neck and make sure, that no one ever hurts him again. Even tho I am the one hurting him the most.

I don't hesitate any longer and engulf him into a hug. Wordless I caress his back and I feel him relax into the hug after a moment.

He leans his forehead onto my shoulder and I feel how his breathing gets steadier. We stay like this for a long time, not saying a word, when I notice how slow and calm his breathing became.

I smile at the thought that he fell asleep in my arms. I enjoy the moment for a few more seconds, then I slowly put him into bed and walk to the door.

Before I leave I turn around: "Just wait for me. Please."