25

Mark P.O.V

I noticed that I fell asleep in his arms several hours after he already left. The place where he has been already cooled down and the faint smell of his Cologne already fainted into the sterile smell that was so characteristic for hospitals hours ago.

Nothing proved that he was actually here and it wasn't just a dream. Nothing but Jinyoungs text asking if I wanna talk. If it went well.

I tried to fasten the time by scoring through Instagram and answering various e-mails and fan comments.

It helped somewhat since a slight vibration disrupted my doing several hours later, that I didn't feel passing by. The sun has already set and the room was now mainly lit by the various monitors tracking my vitals and the screen of my phone.

My breath stocked as I saw, that Jackson actually currently was giving me a call.

Out of a reflex I pressed to accept the call, without really thinking about the why too much.

My hand was shacking half out of shock, half out of excitement, when I lifted the phone up and helf it to my ear.

I heard a so familiar giggle into the phone that just had to be Jackson.

"Hello? Jackson? What's up?" I shoot him one question after another but I receive no answers. Just giggles.

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe" he replies in a slur.

"Are you at home? Are you with someone who can take you home?"

"Why should I be with someone who can take me home, when you are at the hospital?"

"That's not how I meant it."

" I am safe. I am currently in bed. Jinyoung got mad."

Relief floods me, when I realize he is safe. I feel a smile creeping upon my like.

"That's good..."

"Why is that good? I don't want him to be angry. And neither should you be. I miss you."

My breathing stocks and I feel how the words I want to say cannot be forced beyond my lips.

Like in a weird trance I hear Jinyoung getting loud shouting. I don't listen, but I catch a few words here and there like 'what the heck' 'don't do this bullshit' 'regret' and 'tipsy' and then just the continuing toot of a disrupted phone call.

He had hung up. Like a belated reflex I feel all the pressure and stiffness fall of of me and I murmur "I miss you too" before I fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.