In Trouble | Part One

A/N: So in this fic, May was killed in a car crash, and Peter was adopted by Pepper and Tony. The adoption hasn't been made public yet, and isn't planned to until Peter graduates.

Peter has started to doze off, exhausted from patrol the night before, when he was shaken awake by Ned. He jumped up, startled, and looked around. Mr. Harrington looked at him disapprovingly.

"Peter?" Mr. Harrington said.

"Uh, yeah?" Peter responded sheepishly.

"This is the fifth time you've fell asleep in my classroom, in this month alone. This is unexcusable! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to go to the principal's office."

Flash snickered quietly from behind him, knowing better than to pick on him while a teacher was paying attention.

"But-" Peter said, only to be interrupted.

"No more excuses, Peter. I'm only going to ask you one last time. Are you going to go to the office? Or would you rather get a referral, which would have more serious consequences?"

"I'll go," Peter said quietly, his eyes stinging. He wouldn't usually get so upset about something like this, but he had always liked Mr. Harrington more than his other teachers. That felt worse enough, but coupled with the exhaustion, it was awful.

He grabbed his backpack, slung it over his shoulder, and walked out of the classroom. He felt everyone's eyes on him, and waited to swipe at his eyes until he was out of view.