Glitter? | Part Five

Everyone started asking him questions, but Peter just stood next to Ned, not answering any. Cindy came to his rescue, telling the class that the tour was starting.

Cindy was one of Peter's intern friends at the tower, and once he found out that she would be leading the tour, he had begged her to act like she didn't know him.

Flash dropped back from his group of "friends" - more like followers if you ask Peter - and stood next to Peter.

"Don't think you're such a big shot. Everyone knows you hacked the AI." He said, words dripping with venom.

Peter just rolled his eyes and ignored him. Eventually Flash would stop if Peter didn't have any reaction, like any other bully.

"Now we'll be going up to some of the lower-level labs where most of the interns work." Cindy said, guiding the tour group into the main elevator.

"Can I push the button, Miss?" Flash asked Cindy, not bothering to use her name. She could tell, and gave him an irritated glance.

"All the elevators are controlled by FRIDAY, who also announced your badge levels at the scanner." She said, glancing up. She inserted her card into the thin slot, and FRIDAY spoke.

"Cindy Moon, level Beta 1, temporary access to Alpha floors. What can I do for you, Cindy?"

"Take us up to level 32, FRIDAY." Cindy said.

Oh, great. For everyone on the tour, floor 32 was just part of the tour, but for Peter, it was one of the floors where he hung out the most.

He wasn't technically an intern, but he would come by to help the actual interns out a lot. He didn't mind helping when he had the time, and most of the work that they were doing was pretty easy.

As a result, he'd gotten to know all the interns well, although they didn't know his clearance, and whenever he was asked FRIDAY would interject and say it was confidential.

Hopefully nobody he knew would be in the lab, but with Peter's Parker Luck, at least 2 would be there.

Ugh.