Happy Birthday? | Part Two

"Hello, Midtown High!" The receptionist said, greeting them warmly.

"And hello Peter!" She said, smiling at him. She had known about him for a while, but only under the guise that he was Tony Stark's personal intern, not his son.

Peter could feel Flash glaring at him, and deliberately didn't turn around. He knew that Flash couldn't do much with so many adults around, so he took advantage of the opportunity.

"I'll be your tour guide today," Lindsay, an intern Peter worked closely with, said, striding up to them.

"Peter? What a surprise! I wasn't aware you were working today! Are you leading the tour?" She said, surprised.

"Oh, no, Lindsay. I'm actually part of the tour group, and I go to Midtown High. I'm not working just yet." He said, smiling at her.

"Okay! Well then, let's get started!" She said.

Peter lurked at the back of the group. He didn't have a security badge, and Lindsay hadn't passed one of the guest passes out to him when she gave them to the class. She knew that Peter often lost his, so he just had FRIDAY recognize him and let him into the tower.

He felt the dread building up in his stomach as he waited to pass through the security scanner.

It was finally his turn. Instead of swiping his badge, he just stepped through. The security guards made a move towards him, but stopped when FRIDAY greeted him.

"Hello, Peter! Why are you back from school early?" The AI said.

"I'm on a field trip, Fri," Peter said.

"Boss has been notified and says to tell you that you can't go to the 78th floor yet."

"Oh, okay," Peter said, slightly confused.

Then he turned around, and saw his whole class staring at him.