Bucky's Cookies | Part Eleven

"So, Peter, how's the field trip been going?" Steve said, playfully smirking.

"I think you know exactly how well this field trip has been going, Capsicle," Peter said, using the only nickname that he knew got on the man's nerves.

"That's no way to speak to an adult," Steve chided. But, Peter saw the glint in his eyes, and knew that he was only kidding. Peter stuck his tongue out in response.

"Bucky just prepared another recipe of cookies," Steve said, using his other hand to hand Peter a napkin stuffed with a couple cookies. By the looks of it, the cookie recipe had some kind of filling in it, otherwise the cookies wouldn't be so thick.

Peter unfolded the napkin slightly hesitantly, selecting one of the cookies to try first. He brought it to his mouth slowly, before biting in. The taste of toothpaste practically assaulted his taste buds, and this time Peter couldn't stop his face from displaying his distaste. The cookie itself tasted pretty good, but the toothpaste in it almost made Peter gag.

It was a well known fact that spiders don't like mint. Peter found out that that applied to him as well when he was trying to brush his teeth for the first time after he was bitten by the spider. After he had told Tony, all of the Avengers had made sure to never buy mint flavored toothpaste.

Steve smiled at Peter's facial expression, before walking away, and back down the hallway. "See you later, Peter!" He said, causing the rest of the tour group to finally pay attention to Peter, Ned and Flash.

All three faces reddened from embarrassment, before the group's attention was caught again by McKenna.

"Now, would everybody enter the elevator?" She said, looking pointedly at Peter, Ned and Flash.

They piled in after the rest of the group, and the elevator headed up to the next floor up, where the various cafeterias were.