Bucky's Cookies | Part Nine

After the group had fiddled around with the equipment in the gym for a little bit, McKenna called them all over to the benchpress. "Hey Midtown, who wants to try to benchpress Captain America's usual?" She said, a sparkle in her eye. He had been with her when she had first tried the 'Captain America benchpress challenge', as they had dubbed it.

She hadn't been able to lift the bar at all, while Peter could easily pick it up with one hand. Since she didn't know that he was Spiderman yet, he had to make up some bogus story about how he always trains with the Avengers. That part was true, yes, but he trained with them as Spiderman, not as Peter Parker, the intern.

"Ooh! I'll try!" Flash said, pushing past the rest of the class to try it out first, because god forbid he was second at anything.

He grunted and groaned, strained and sweat, but it didn't move, not even a bit. The class laughed at him, not because he couldn't lift it, but because of the big production that he made of trying. He flushed red, and then said, "I'd like to see Parker try!"

McKenna smirked at him, and beckoned for Peter to come up. "Come on, Peter, why don't you try?" She said.

Peter then stepped up and laid down on the bench, glaring at McKenna and Flash all throughout. He had a silent debate in his head; should he lift it, and have to make up some story like he had to with McKenna? Or should he just fail at it?

He saw the smug look on Flash's face, and decided that he would have to show off, if only to wipe that look off of Flash's face. He kept both hands on the bar, though, not wanting to show off too much. He then gripped it tightly, before lifting it and doing a couple of reps.

With each rep, his classmates' faces went paler, and their faces grew more and more shocked, with the exception of Flash. He just looked angrier as Peter continued.

He put the bar back, stood up, and shook out his arms for one minute, before pandemonium broke out.