Sort Of Sick | Part Five

A/N: Sorry I've been rather inactive recently, I had lots of schoolwork and midterms to deal with, but finally I have free time! I promise I haven't disappeared, nor have I abandoned this story, I just haven't had the time to continue with it, but that's changed now. Anyways, enjoy this next part!

He pressed the button to go to the intern lab floors, and looked at his reflection in the elevator doors as the elevator descended. Messy curls, but not too messy. He checked to make sure that the hoodie covered all of the web shooters, tugging the sleeves down a little more for just in case.

The elevator beeped softly and Peter stepped out. He walked down the hallway, greeting the interns he passed as he walked to the lab on the far end of the floor, his favorite. In that lab, the interns were working on modifying the newest line of StarkPhones.

"Hey, what's up, Jerry?" Peter said, tapping the tall intern working on the battery of the phone.

"Pete! What's up, man?" Jerry said, putting down the tools in his hands and fist bumping Peter.

"You guys need any help here?" He said, looking around at the tables nearby. Phones were scattered all around, in pieces as well as mostly together.

"Yeah, man, maybe you could check our work? Boss always did say that you were good at this kinds of stuff," Jerry replied.

"Of course, yeah," Peter said. The whirring and sounds of the machinery were causing a slight headache, but Peter felt the Advil starting to kick in, so decided to stay.

After he finished, he wandered over to the corner of the room, seeing what looked like a discarded, or at the very least abandoned older version of the StarkPhone, and decided to pocket it on a whim. Maybe he could fix it up later with his Dad as a fun little project.

His superhuman hearing picked up on the slight creaking and whirring that meant that the elevator was heading up, and the little dings as it passed each floor.

The elevator stopped at this floor, and Peter heard the voice of Shelley, one of the tour guides. That was kind of weird, Peter didn't think that there was a tour scheduled today, but he decided to ignore it for now.

That would turn out to be disastrous to him.