One¶Back to School 🚸

If this is your first Nigerian book or the first of my book you have ever opened, you can be rest assured because as you pick this book, you won't be dropping it anytime soon. Thanks for giving my book a chance. I hope you stick to the end.

I'll try to provide a glossary at the end of chapters. Nigerians can't do without slangs.😂 However, I can't promise that🥺

Follow me on Instagram @authormabelz_art 😌 Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I'm asked how my holiday was, I would describe it in one simple but quite riveting word- boring! And if I'm asked why, I would say that I spent most of my days locked up in my house with a social media app where I'm mostly ignored, WhatsApp. I just couldn't relate to how most Nigerian kids love that app. My supposed friends clearly ignored my whole being during this holiday.

"What was my saving grace," you may ask. Wattpad! I read a lot of Wattpad stories to keep
me smiling. I read high school stories to fuel my imagination and I daydreamed of having the world's best romance story that I could tell the world. Who knows, maybe as a novel. That was my dream but can a girl like me ever have a gripping love story to tell world? However, my daydream got crushed when I was pulled to reality by the buzz of my phone. From my reading table, I stared out to the dark clouds and then, at the elegant moon.

School would be resuming tomorrow and the not-so popular me, Naomi Tosin would be heading back to her not-so interesting school life.

I smiled and dropped my mobile phone at last. I've been on it all day and I just ended a lovely teen fiction novel. At first, I wasn't happy with this resumption but then again, I did prefer school than a boring day at home.

I crawled into my bed and sprawled on it. It was midnight and I had limited time to sleep and I was sure tomorrow had unknown tasks for me. I sighed in satisfaction and my eyes fluttered shut.

~~~~

"Naomi!!" A hard slap seared my butt before my bedspread was pulled from my grip. I mumbled incoherent words and drifted back to my dreamworld.

"Get up! You will be late for school," my annoying elder sister, Anita, yelled.

"Wait jor!" I hissed.

"Ode! Stand up," she slapped me harder.

"Ok!OK!OK!" I dragged my weary body till I was sitting upright. "Why must I go to school early?"

"Just stand there and be asking stupid questions!" She rolled her eyes and sent a sidelong glance at me

I heaved a sigh and rolled out of my bed. Since I was interested in school that morning, I ran to my bathroom, had a quick bath and was out. I spot my school uniform in my wardrobe - ironed, neat and ready for me.

MOTHERS are the best!

I got everything I needed and ran down our tiled stairs.

"I am ready," I announced as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Have you packed your books?" Anita questioned. "I hope you did all your holiday assignment?"

"Duh! I was bored. I had to keep myself busy," I replied and sat on the dining table.

"Is that a yes?" She sat beside me.

"Yes na!"

"Good!"

"And I have packed my books. I did it yesterday," I looked at my plate. Breakfast was set. I picked up my cup of tea and sipped.

"Ouch! It is hot oo!" I whined.