Forty-six¶With Him👫🤝🏽

Personal advice below. Pls read.

                      ~~~~

Good news! My mum and dad have met Freddy's mother.

I was at the hallway of the hospital with Anita beside me. My parents decided to take us to the hospital themselves. At the entrance, we met Freddy's mom and my parents began a conversation with them. I was too worried about Freddy to listen to them talk so I made my way to Freddy's ward.

I got to the door and paused. My body tensed and my breathe hitched.

"Open the door na!" Anita whispered behind me.

"I'm scared!"

"Scared of what?" she asked as she quirked her brow in confusion.

"That I will cry if I see the state Freddy is in. I don't like to see blood and I definitely don't want to see Freddy weak and injured"

"But he is already weak and injured. He needs you to help him recover and for you to be strong. Don't even dare cry, Naomi. You will make him feel bad"

"Okay!" I sucked in a deep breathe. "I will be strong". I gripped the door handle and crept it open. I gasped when I saw Freddy on the bed. He had bandages wrapped around his head and some on his right arm. His eyes were closed as he lay fragile on the bed. I silently walked to his side and placed my hand on his. Freddy's pretty, smooth face had cuts. I cringed and ran my hand down his cheek. There was a heart monitor beside his bed and a drip was connected to his hand.

I slowly ran my fingers through his hair and sighed. "You must be going through a lot of pain, Freddy. Falling down a staircase? That will be painful. I'm glad you survived it," I whispered and studied his face. My brows knitted and I swung my gaze to Anita. "This life no balance!"

"Ah ahan! Why did you say that?"

"Come and see!" I gestured at Freddy's face. "Apart from the scratches on his face, he has no pimple".

Anita shook her head, "Jealousie!"

"No na! See my face!" I pointed at my nose. "There is a stubborn pimple that refused to leave me. It just there and it is paining me".

Anita bowed her head as peals of laughter left her lips.

"That's not all oo!" I exclaimed and pointed at Freddy's eyes. "His eyelashes are long eh!"

"So?"

"I've always wished to have long eyelashes" I pouted and batted my lashes.

"It's okay na!"

"But not long!" I sighed. "I wish it was long".

"So you came here to just look at Freddy's face?"

"Ah! What else should I do? He is asleep" I placed both my fist below my head and gazed at Freddy. "He is handsome sha!"

"Sha? Na wa oo. You have not changed. Is it so hard to say that Freddy is really handsome and that you have fallen for him," Anita exclaimed and chuckled.

"Hey, don't say that out loud. What if someone hears you?"

"No one will hear me"

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on Freddy's face. "I am giving you two seconds. If you don't wake up, there will be war," I threatened with a husky voice.

"Naomi, you need help. Thank God we are at a hospital. Maybe I should call a doctor to check on you. I need to know if it is time for you to visit a psychiatrist"