Thirty-nine¶Jealous😤

On Monday, my determination was still intact.

I will definitely tell Freddy how I feel for him.

I got dressed in my uniform, wore my usual school skirt that was big and picked my bag. I had to trek to school.

Life sha! It is not everyone that has a driver to take them to school. Wait first! What if I had a driver? Maybe I won't be this dark in complexion. Sun is not friendly at all.

I got to school. Today I came early. I didn't expecting to see Freddy because he has never really been the punctual student.

Hey oo! Don't praise me for coming to school early. Praise Anita! She slapped my butt hard today so I was forced to wake up.

After the assembly, I strolled to my class. I sat on my chair and organized my desk.

"Hey, Naomi!" a disembodied voice called my attention.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the accent. I dragged my gaze to him. "Hey, Ken! How are you?" I smiled.

"I'm fine and you?"

"Me? Oh, yeah! I'm good"

He sat on Kate's chair beside my desk. His brown eyes drilled into my soul.

Geez, I feel awkward.

"Did you like the present I got for you on your birthday?" Ken asked.

"The wristwatch? Yeah! It is beautiful. I really like it" I beamed.

"I'm glad you do. There were a lot of wristwatches to pick from at the shop. I just decided I should go for that one"

"Thank you!" I replied and silence settled between us. "So...um...How was your weekend?" I asked to get the conversation going.

"Hmm...I went to a cinema so....Yeah! It was pleasant"

"That's awesome!" I exclaimed.

Wow! I am not free with this guy. His accent and good look makes me so conscious of what I say and do. I need to spice our conversation. I would like us to be friends.

"How about you? How was your weekend?" he asked.

"Mine was awesome. I saw the Queen of England. We had a chat"

Up went his brows when he heard my reply. He tilted his head to one side and quizzed, "You saw the Queen of England!"

"Yes! It's the truth!"

"How did you see her?" he leaned and stared at me with amusement in his eyes.

"I used my private jet, flew to England and spoke to her. My weekend was really busy. As a royalty, I had a lot to do"

"Royalty?" he chuckled.

"Yes na! I'm a princess! Geez!" I sat majestically on my chair and crossed my legs.

"You don't look like a princess and you clearly don't look like a white person!"

"That's exactly what I want. I don't want anyone to know my true identity. My wig is working!"

"What wig?"

"The one that hides my black long hair" I chuckled.

Ken smirked and leaned forward. He tugged my short cornrows. "This is truly a Nigerian hair"

A hand appeared and gripped Ken's wrist. "Why did you touch her hair?" a disembodied voice barked.

I quirked a brow and glanced at the person. "Oh! Hey, Freddy! Good morning!"