Thirty-eight¶Addicted😜😔

I dashed down the stairs. Freddy needs me. He wants to talk to me. To share something with me! I slowed my movement and went to my parents. They were on the couch and their eyes were fixed on the television screen. They were watching a Nollywood movie.

"Mom, dad!" I called softly. "I want to buy airtime. I need data to do my school assignment!"

"Did she say she is going to meet a boy?" My mom snapped.

My heart plummeted. "No! I said..."

She cut in, "This generation eh! All these children of nowadays!"

"No! Mom, you don't understand!"

"See the short skirt she is wearing!"

I looked at myself. I was wearing black jeans. My eyes darted to the television screen.

"She wants to go to her boyfriend's house, spoiled child!" My mom raged.

So it is the movie eh. My parents don't even know that I'm here.

"Mommy!" I called.

"What?" she turned to me. "What is it?"

This movie has spoiled her mood!

"I want to buy airtime!" I replied.

"Am I holding? Go and come back na!"

"Okay!" I glanced at my dad. His eyes were still on the screen. I nodded and scurried away. I found myself running. I was worried. I just hope what Freddy wants to tell me is not a bad news. I hope he is fine.

I got to the street we agreed to me. Freddy was sipping a drink while operating his phone. He wore a dark blue hoodie and a gray ripped jeans a.k.a crazy jeans. Fresh, hot boyfriend! I smiled but it faded away when I saw that his brows were furrowed and his mouth was set in a hard line.

Something is wrong! He doesn't look happy.

"Freddy," I went towards him and tapped his shoulder.

He turned and smiled, "Good afternoon, Cupcake!"

Is he trying to fake a smile?

"What's wrong, Freddy? You called me!"

"I know! Something happened!"

"What? Is it bad?"

"It was something I never expected to happen!"

"What is it?" my worried eyes widened in curiosity.

"Do you want to hear the details?" he arched a brow.

"Can you just tell me what happened?" I snapped.

He sighed and said, "I was in my room playing my video game when I felt something odd. There was something missing!"

"Eh! Missing?"

"Yeah! I picked my phone and soon I found myself here" a boyish grin crawled on his lip. "I just realized I missed you and I wanted to see you. That's all!"

"What? Guy, you are mad! I thought something bad happened! How can you do this to me? I almost had an heart attack!" I yelled and slapped his arm. I held his ear and squeezed it. "What kind of joke is that?"

"Sorry! Ouch! Ouch! My ear! I am sorry, cupcake! My ear oo!" he whined as he tried to squirm out of my grip.

"Didn't we see each other yesterday so why are you missing me all of a sudden?" I queried.

"I don't know! My ear!" he whined. "I guess I am addicted to you!"

I paused. "Addicted to me?"

"Yes! Please release my ear. Abeg!"