Forty-five¶Get Well Soon😰

🙏🙏 I am so sorry for the late update. A lot is happening to me. Anyways, I want to share with you that my waec result was excellent. I want to thank all of you that had prayed for my success. God will bless you bountifully.

Enjoy this chapter😘

**************************

I ran my fingers through my hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within my mind. I hissed a breath through my clenched teeth. I watched the reflection of myself at the mirror in the toilet room. Tears ran down my cheeks and soaked the collar of my school uniform. I could taste the salt on my lips. The tears just kept coming and my bloodshot swollen eyes stared helpless back at me.

"Naomi, you need to stop crying. We have class to attend," Peggy whispered and rubbed my back.

"Why?" I wailed. "Why did this have to happen?"

"Please, stop crying. Crying isn't the solution right now. We are having maths. We can't be late for class or we will be punished"

"What's the use of going to class?" I sneered and glared at Peggy. Her eyes were also swollen from her crying. She wiped her cheek but a tear still trickled down. "I wouldn't be able to concentrate. It's a fact".

"We need to go to class!" she insisted. "We need to".

You might be wondering what happened. Well, I will summarize it to you.

I was so happy when my family and I started our journey back home. As soon as we arrived home, I prepared my school uniform for the next day. My parents didn't allow Anita and me to go to school. They wanted us to rest after the long journey.

Early the next day, with a cheerful smile on my face, I skipped to school. I wanted to give Freddy a big hug. Sadly, I was told something that spoilt my mood.

Well...They said Freddy had an asthmatic attack while climbing the stairs. But the worst was that he fell, rolled down the stairs and soon he was on the floor with his uniform soaked with blood. Peggy just told me now. I couldn't stop crying. He did some surgeries yesterday and was fighting for his life. I just wish I could leave this school and visit him. I need to be there for him. How could I concentrate in class when my boyfriend had a severe accident and was fighting for his life.

I wiped my cheeks and nodded, "Fine! I will go to class. Just have it in mind that I am not listening".

She sighed, slid her hand into mine and pulled me back to class. I wasn't the only one affected. Some students were gloomy. They said they couldn't forget the image of seeing Freddy soaked in blood and motionless.

I need to make plans to see him. He needs to know that I am sorry for slapping him. I didn't mean to. I also care about him.

There was a great pang in my heart that made my chest ached. I sat on my chair and forced my attention on the white board in the classroom. As soon as school closed, I went to Anita. I asked her if she had heard about Freddy's accident.

Anita placed both her hands on my shoulder and replied, "My classmate told me. I am sad right now. I can't believe that the Freddy I spoke to few days ago is now fighting for his life".

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a gloomy sigh. "I want to see him".

"We will"

"We will?"

"Yeah! But we have to tell mom and dad about Freddy. That's the only way they can give us their permission. Maybe we will visit him during the weekend. It's just thursday," she said and squeezed my shoulder tenderly. "For now, I need to attend my waec class lesson. We can talk when I come back from school".