Eighteen¶My Maths feeling🙄😶

I want to say a big THANK YOU!!! to the new friends and readers that have join us on this adventure of my book. I love you guys so much 💓💕💗💞💝. Thanks for giving my book a chance. This chapter is dedicated to all my lovely and awesome readers 😘😍😉🤗

*************

"I went to Art class to avoid Maths but... No oo! Maths always follow me," Freddy nagged as we walked to class.

We were walking in the same pace. I chuckled and replied, "Azin eh!"

I don't hate Maths oo! It is just that Maths is not for me! All those equations, graphs and formulas are too much for a couch potato like me.

"We, Art students have to offer Maths and Economics. Why?" he exclaimed.

"Why do you hate Maths?"

"Most times the teachers can be annoying and I don't easily understand maths. I need more lessons before I can understand," he groaned.

Lucky me, I can understand Maths! Let's say my brain is sharp! Okay! Wait oo! My brain IS SHARP! I think. Okay! I don't think I am THAT sharp sha! I am not the best in Maths.

"I can be teaching you," I suggested.

He glanced at me and stopped walking. I stopped and cocked an eyebrow at him.

Doesn't he want me to teach him? And hey, we will be late for class oo!

He placed his hand behind his neck and a nervous chuckle escaped his lips.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can be a slow learner. It is kind of frustrating" he said and looked at his shoes. "I don't think you can survive that".

I smiled at first.

He looks so cute!

Then, I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes at him.

"Do you think I am some weakling? If I am determined to get something done, nothing can stop me. So, I won't give up easily" I stated in a matter-of-fact tone. 

He stared at me in disbelief and added, "I can also be very stubborn".

"Is it now you found out? Abeg! That one na fact! "

"Are you sure you want to teach me?"

"Why not? Your mom wants me to do that, right?"

"Yeah! But I doubted that you would actually teach me"

"You doubted me?"

He chuckled nervously and rubbed his neck.

I shook my head in disappoinent. Then it dawned on me that we might be late for class.

"Let's go to class oo!" I grabbed his hand and ran towards class. We got to class. Luckily, our teacher wasn't there.

I walked in to the class with a happy smile.

Thank God! Imagine our maths teacher was there, I would have been in a big hot soup. Not some ordinary soup, the one that is filled with pepper and every bitter things on this earth. Our maths teacher hates latecoming.

Peggy was at her desk. She glanced at me and flashed a radiant smile.

What is making her smile like that?

Her eyes fell to my hand. Instantly, I looked at my hand and gasped. Freddy's hand was laced in mine.

I removed my hand at once. I bit my inner cheek and walked to my desk. I sat on my chair and proceeded to bring out my maths note. I didn't even look at Freddy. I don't want to see his expression.