Chapter 32: The Day Jeremy Went Missing

A/N they're so adorable!!!!!!❤️❤️

Flashback~~

Your POV~

My family and I were at the mall and our parents were in some other store getting birthday presents for Jeremy and I was supposed to distract him. I took him into a candy shop and that caught his interest. He loved it when I took him to this store because he would always end up convincing me to buy him stuff. He didn't ask to get a lot of things though, matter of fact he didn't ask to get anything. "Hey there, you doing ok?" I asked him, he looked at me as if he was in trouble "I heard you guys talking about how we're having trouble with money, I didn't mean to hear but before I went to bed I had to go to the bathroom and I overheard your guys conversation" he said looking sad, dammit, I was hoping he wouldn't find out "Jer don't worry about it, we're not that bad off with money, we're just trying to find ways we can cut back, understand?" I said with a smile he gave a smile back. I lived to see him smile. "Well don't go crazy but I'll let you pick out one piece of candy ok?" his face lit up "Ok, thanks Y/N! You're the best!" he said and gave me a tight hug and ran off to the lollipop section. 

He picked out a colorful lollipop and we went to the counter and I paid for it. I looked over as I was waiting to get my change and saw an adorable little bear stuffed animal. I have to get him that! I came up with a way of surprising him with it. I got my change and handed Jer the lollipop "Why don't you go check out those gum balls and see how much they are, maybe I can get you one, pick out which flavor too" I said trying to buy myself some time to buy the stuffed bear "Ok, thank you" he said and went over to the gum ball machine. I ran and grabbed the stuffed bear and placed it on the counter so the lady could ring it up for me "That'll be $3.50" she said, I grabbed the money outta my pocket and counted it "Shit" I whispered "I'm sorry I don't think I have enough" I said as I started counting it again "Sorry, normally I'd help pay for it for you but I left my wallet at home by accident" the lady said "Oh it's ok, I don't expect you to help pay for it, but thank you so much. I'll just buy it some other time I guess" I said getting disappointed "I'll keep it behind the counter for you incase you want to come back and get it, that way no one else buys it" she said "Oh that'd be great! Thank you so much!" I said, she was super nice "You're welcome sweetie, you and your brother are very sweet kids" "Thanks" I said with a smile. 

I went to the gum ball machine but didn't see him. I walked around the whole store three times but didn't see him. "Jeremy this isn't funny! Where are you?" I yelled "Jeremy!" I started to panic! Where did he go? "Miss did you see my little brother leave?" I asked her "No sweetie I didn't, can you not find him?" she asked looking concerned "Oh my God! No, Jeremy where are you?! This is serious! Jer I'm not messing around right now!" I said as I started to freak out and cry. The lady behind the counter came over to me "Don't worry sweetie, I'm sure he's close, he couldn't have gone far. I'll get security to look for him. Where are your parents?" I was seriously freaking out. My breathing was heavy and I was crying. "My parents are somewhere in the mall but I don't know what store" I said trying to calm myself down for the situation. Jeremy is missing and it's all my fault.