"It wasnt bullshit"

"So remember once you get in there,"

"Pretend like I don't care."

"You don't care"

"I don't care"

"There you go you're learning my friend. You're a learner."
The conversation going on between the boys in front of you warmed your heart. It was nice to see Steve and Dustin so close. And the fact that Steve was giving Dustin a newfound confidence made the situation even cuter. You were interrupted from your thoughts when you saw Dustin looking at himself in the rear view mirror. "Hey, cmon you look great." Steve reassured him and you nodded from the back seat.
"Dustin you look amazing, just be confident and you'll do awesome." You added from the backseat. He nodded at you and looked to Steve again.
"Now you're gonna go in there"
"Yeah"
"Look like a million bucks"
"Yeah!"
"And you're gonna slam em dead"
You laughed at their actions, about to add to the hyping up when Dustin interrupted Steve.
"Like a Lion, purrrrrr." Steve looked at you and you visibly winced at the boys actions.
"Ehhh, don't do that." Steve added and you nodded with him. Dustin agreed to the advice and you offered him a pat on the back befor he left. The both of you wished him luck and he walked into the gymnasium.

     "God I hope he survives

"God I hope he survives." You mumbled and Steve chuckled. You climbed into the front seat and watched the young boy with a smile as he paid for a ticket. Steve was doing the same, but you noticed a frown etch his features and followed his eyes to the girl serving punch in the gym. Nancy Wheeler, the girl who had broken your best friends heart. You met his eyes and he gave you a light smile, before driving off towards his house.
"Are you okay?" You questioned him from the passengers seat. He seemed to be deep in thought, and it didn't take much to realize the boy was still hurting. He glanced at you for a moment but turned his attention back to the road shortly after.
"I'm fine, I'm over it y/n." He stated and you quirked an eyebrow. Steve and you weren't always close, but in those dark days fighting deadly monsters can really bond people. You shuddered at the thought of the past, but figured you wouldn't have grown so close to the kids and Steve if they never happened. You knew he wasn't okay, him and Nancy had a long history. Of course he was an asshole before, but you realized over time the boy had grown and matured a lot. He wasn't the ass hat King Steve Harrington he used to be. Maybe the breakup was good for him? Or maybe you just thought that because Harrington somehow made you fall for him. You knew it was too soon to confess your feelings though, the boy was still healing and you had to give him time. Even if he was over it, you wondered if you would even build up the courage in the future to tell him.
Steve ran a hand through his hair and sighed. You wanted to say something, but didn't wanna over step and make him mad. "I'm sure it wasn't bullshit." You nervously muttered and he looked over at you a bit shocked. You continued anyway. "You loved her, and I'm sure at some point she had to have loved you. Sure you made some mistakes, but from what I've heard you weren't a completely awful boyfriend to her. If she didn't have the same feelings anymore, she shouldn't have told you the way she did. It wasn't bullshit, you aren't bullshit Steve." You finished. He still seemed pretty shocked and his expression was pretty unreadable.
"Thank you, th-that really means a lot" he stuttered and you offered him a soft smile. His reply seemed genuine and you wondered if it would help him.
"I didn't wanna get all sappy on you shit head, but you're welcome." You replied and he laughed, momentarily looking into your eyes. The action made your stomach fill with butterflies and you were angry just his eyes had such an affect on you.
"We'll have to pick up Dustin in a couple hours, wanna watch a movie at my place to kill time?" He suggested and you nodded. Maybe things between you two would work out after all.