Senior Trip Pt.3

The bus stopped with a puff of the breaks, our peers quickly collecting their belongings and dragging themselves off the bus after such a long day

     The bus stopped with a puff of the breaks, our peers quickly collecting their belongings and dragging themselves off the bus after such a long day. My head rolled off of Steve's shoulder as the driver pressed on the brakes, causing Steve to catch my head with a small laugh.

"That's why they invented seatbelts." He mumbled with a smirk as I rolled my eyes. I rose from my seat as I stretched with a yawn.

"Now why would I wear a seatbelt if I have you?" He was quiet at this, taking his turn to roll his eyes as he got our bags from the shelf above our heads.

"Such a gentleman Harrington."

"Yeah whatever start walking." I chuckled at the brunette deeply before making my way to the front of the bus. Looking around to see we were the last ones to get off. Our chaperones greeting us with satisfied smiles as we stepped off the vehicle to join the other kids.

"What a great way to start off the trips guys! It's been a long day for all of us, and with the theme park tomorrow you guys should get some sleep. Night kids!" Mr. McCain instructed as the seniors yawned in response, once more collecting their items and heading into the hotel in front of them tiredly.

"Night Harrington, see you tomorrow morning." I said my goodbyes with a sleepy smile. Simultaneously catching up with my friend group as they walked into the hotel. Furrowing my brows at his expression that was almost disappointed.

"Yeah...See you tomorrow shortie." He muttered with a small smile as we went our separate ways to our rooms.

"Geez don't miss me too much."

"No promises." I turned my head away from the teen to hide my flushed expressions this response.

***********

Flopping down on my bed with a huff, I looked curiously at my two friends looking amusedly at me.

"What are you two creeps looking at?"

"Oh nothing, you and Steve seem to be getting along." Sofia responded with a sly smirk to the blonde next to her.

"Yeah he's cool. So?"

"You guys seem to be getting close over this trip. Going on rides together, sitting next to each other on the bus."

"Wow Cass, it's like we're friends or something!" I teased with sarcasm heavy in my tone. The pair playfully rolled their eyes as they got under the covers in their beds.

"We're just happy for you that's all."

"Happy that I'm making more friends than you six losers? Yep me too."

"Whatever asshat, goodnight."

"Night shitbirds, said with love."

"Right."