Senior Trip pt.1

"Just think Cassie, in two hours we'll be in Orlando Florida! And in 24 hours we'll be in universal!" I exclaimed excitedly as we waited in the airport to board our plane

           "Just think Cassie, in two hours we'll be in Orlando Florida! And in 24 hours we'll be in universal!" I exclaimed excitedly as we waited in the airport to board our plane. Accompanied by the majority of my senior class, for our senior school trip. In Hawkins, this was pretty much a miracle. For our class to have raised this much money was definitely new to tradition in our school. Needless to say the senior class was buzzing with excitement in the airport.

"I know y/n you've been counting down the last two months." Cassie replied with sarcasm lacing her tone. She watched amusedly as I rolled my eyes and turned towards the rest of my friends seated beside us. Jenny was leaning against Shara who was leaning on Brooke who was leaning on Erin. Okay so maybe waking up at 5 in the morning to get on a bus to go to the airport along with going through security was a bit tiring. They hummed tiredly in response and I let out a soft chuckle.

"What you ladies aren't excited for the best field trip of your lives?" Steve Harrington teased with a smirk and a quirked eyebrow. He was seated behind us on the benches as we waited to board, leaning his head on his crossed arms against his chair. The girls let out another forced hum as their eyes were closed to which the boy and I laughed. I had known Steve since sophomore year, we had talked a bit in school and at a few parties so you could say we were friends. I offered him a smile at his teasing to which he returned.

"You seem excited y/l/n, first time in Disney,"

"Not at all, but first time with friends."

"Yeah and the rest of this shitheads." He replied motioning his head to the rest of our peers. I chuckled with a nod before quirking my head to the side.

"What about you? First time in Florida?"

"First time out of Hawkins." My eyes widened a this reply and he shrugged.

"What can I say, this is the first and last time I'll be leaving our shitty town." Steve finished and I chuckled. Now, Harrington has almost always been an asshole. So I really haven't given him much attention until this year. He's just changed a lot during senior year.

"Cmon Harrington you'll get out of here someday." I reassured and he grinned at the nickname.

"If you're so sure, you should just come with me."

"Don't hold your breathe Steve." I replied and he turned back around with a smile.

"All passengers in section C are called to boarding. Please collect all your belongings and begin boarding, all passengers in section C" A flight attendants sweet voice filled the airport. A few people around me glanced at their tickets and stood up, collecting their bags and walking towards the flight attendant scanning tickets. I followed and smiled happily at the realization my friends were in the same section.

********

"All passengers please follow along to the safety direction pamphlet in case of emergency please and thank you. In case of a water landing-" The flight attendant began explaining but most of my peers were too giddy to listen. I flipped through the pamphlet half heartedly, way too excited to actually read it.

"Jenny can you believe it? We're almost there!" I whispered to the curly headed girl behind me. She playfully rolled her eyes and looked to Shara with an amused smile.

"Yes y/n another two hours and we'll be in the happiest place on Earth. I'm absolutely static." She teased sarcastically and I stuck my tongue out at her with a grin. Despite all my friends' teasing I knew they were just as excited as I. Brooke looked to Jenny with wide eyes obviously trying to tell her something, Jenny returned the gesture and looked down at her ticket. Steve was in the isle seat and Shara was between Jenny and Steve. Shara looked at the two and whacked Steve with her ticket trying to signal something. I stared at my friends confusedly as Steve opened his mouth in realization. Looking at his ticket and then to Brooke and I.

"Hey Brooke, whats your ticker number?" Steve inquired staring down at the paper in his hand.

"Oh, I must have made a mistake. It looks like I'm in the wrong seat. I should be in 12A." The dark haired girl responded.

"Weird, I should be in 11C, isn't that your seat?" To which the girl nodded. I looked between them with a quirked eyebrow before the brunette boy continued.

"Man we must have mixed that up, we should probably switch." He recommended and the girl smiled in agreement.

"But Brooke I thought you're ticket was 11-" My friend interrupted before I could finish.

"Nope, must have read it wrong. I'll be right behind you y/n." She assured and I nodded slowly in confusion. The two switched seats and Steve plopped down beside me with a smile.

"Weird huh? I thought something was wrong when I sat down." He spoke and I smiled in response, the both of us ignoring my snickering friends behind me.

                            *************

"And that's why toilet paper should be facing out and not in." Steve finished his rant as I crossed my arms in disagreement. I was about to protest when Jenny leaned over her seat to speak to us.

"Love the bonding up there, but I swear to god if I hear you two talk for one more second I just might jump out of this damn airplane." Jenny seethed with narrowed eyes. The brunette and I looking at each other with grins before tightly closing our lips offering her apologetic expressions. She sat down with a satisfied smile and huffed in her seat. My three other friends behind them smirking in amusement at her outburst.

"Passengers the seatbelt light is on, meaning we will be landing in Orlando very soon. Please remain seated until that seatbelt light is off." The flight attendant directed.

"Damn have we been talking that long?" Steve inquires from beside me followed by a response from my group of friends behind me.

"YES!" They shouted in exasperation as we laughed.

"Sorry..."

                       **************

"Okay kids you have your designated hotel room, three people to each room with boys to the left and girls to the right." Mr. McCain directed as the large group of seniors piled their bags in their rooms. I was with my girlfriends Sofia and Cassie in one room with the rest of our friends group in either side of us.

"Y/n we're gonna go see if they need help unpacking." Sofia explained as her and Cassie walked out to the hallway to the other rooms beside us. I nodded as I unzipped my bag to take out my clothes.

"Hey shortie, need help with anything?" Steve chimed slipping past Cassie and Sofia with a smile. I rolled my eyes at the nickname he had given on the airplane, pretending it hadn't made my heart flutter every time he said it.

"I'm good Harrington, I'm sure you have to unpack your various hair products and organize them accordingly." I teased as he too rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, anyway we're going to Universal Studios tomorrow."

"Mhm."

"Any chance you want to be my partner on some of the rides?" He inquired, nervousness evident in his tone. Not very confident now Harrington?

"Sure, I just hope you don't cry like a baby on the rollercoasters."

"Wait we're actually going on those?"

"Well Steve, this should be a fun week."

__________________________________

First part of this mini series done! I'm thinking it'll probably be three or four chapters but maybe less. Kind of a slow burn series which I always love writing. Anyway I'm on third day of vacation and I'm going to volcano bay water park today. Hope you're all having a great day! Love you bitches!
                 -Jackie💛