Senior Trip Pt. 8

I groaned on my bed for what felt like the tenth time that night

I groaned on my bed for what felt like the tenth time that night. My cheeks still wet as old tears attempted to dry on my cheeks, wetted again by new tears as I stared out at my bedroom window. Recalling each night since freshman year I had used it to sneak out to be with friends. I turned my head to my bedside clock with a sigh. 10:45, meaning people had probably just gotten settled for the kickback at Brooke's house. The phone beside me rung loudly and snapped me from my thoughtful daze. And I hurriedly lowered my music before picking up the phone from its base.

"Where the hell are you?" Jenny's voice shouted over what sounded like a large crowd. I moved the phone apart from my ear at her volume before replying.

"I'm at home, I thought it was a hangout at Brooke's tonight?" I inquired narrowing my eyes in question despite her not being able to see.

"Small town, word spreads quick. Anyway why the hell are you home? There's a keg!" She announces excitedly and I chuckled at her tipsy cheerfulness.

"Not really in the party mood at the moment." I mumbled dryly, looking around my room and playing with the spiral cord absentmindedly.

"Bullshit. Put on a cute ass outfit and show Harrington what he's missing. Don't let him ruin a good night for you. Oh! Wear that green top we bought at the mall last week!" She ordered happily as I rolled my eyes with a smirk.

"You mean the one that I almost returned bec-"

"Because it was too revealing blah blah. Cmon y/n i think a little chest and shoulders will keep you away from a stripper pole. Oooh they're staring cup pong! I'll see you soon!" She chimed hanging up before I could protest. I set the phone down with a huff and ran a hand through my hair thoughtfully. Jenny has a point, might as well show Harrington what he was too stupid to keep. Padding across the carpet towards my closet, I pulled the green shirt from its place in the back. Grabbing a light pair of jeans and white shoes in the process before moving to my bed to get dressed.

This should be fun

                                **************

"You made it!" The girls cheered in unison as I made my way through Brooke's backyard in the swarm of teens.

"I had some help." I confessed giving a knowing smile to Jenny who returned it before grabbing my hand and leading me towards the house.

"Let's get you a drink!" She yelled over the noise and I nodded in agreement, subconsciously scanning the room for a familiar set of honey brown eyes and hair.  Wondering why I frowned at the lack of him.

I sipped occasionally on the bitter beverage filling my cup as I sat on the kitchen counter, observing my peers around me intently.

"Not much of a party if you aren't dancing." Ben teased over the music as he offered me a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes before responding.