"Cant Sleep"

*so I have two songs I need you to listen to during this imagine. Don't play them just yet you'll know when you should. I couldn't link two videos so you'll have to search up "Dancing in the Dark" by Springsteen and listen to it while reading. Make sure to read a bit slower so the song plays out while u go. Hope that made sense. Enjoy!
*************************************************

I rolled around in my bed, changing positions to desperately try and get comfortable. I groaned at my bedside clock that read 2:36am. Counting sheep was bullshit, I had been trying that for the past half hour to no avail. Sleep wasn't happening anytime soon, so I rolled the other side of my bed and grabbed my turnstile phone off it's base. Punching in the numbers I had remembered by heart. The phone ringed on the other line three times, and I was worried he would never pick up.
"What the hell do you want y/l/n?" A groggy and raspy voice answered. I beamed at the sound of his voice and the fact that he picked up.
"Thank god, you're up." I chimed happily before he scoffed.
"Now I am." He muttered but I ignored him.
"Can we go for a drive, please Steve? I can't sleep." I pleaded through the phone and his silence told me he was contemplating his decision.
"Wait, how did you know it was me?" I questioned suddenly, he hadn't even asked who had called him when he picked up.
"No other shithead in this town is crazy enough to call someone at this time. I'll be there in ten." He ordered and I smiled happily about to respond when the line went dead. Not even caring he hung up on me I darted to the closet and threw on a sweater and slipped on my converse. Figuring grey pajama shorts would have to work with the oversized black sweater. I threw my hair into a messy bun and climbed out onto my roof, unable to hold in the mischievous and happy smile on my face.
"Any longer and the damn sun is gonna rise." A voice was heard from below and I playfully rolled my eyes before walking to the edge of the roof. I sat down and scooted closer to the edge. Looking back at my room to make sure the window was open wide enough for my return. Jumping down, two hands caught me by the hips and steadied me on the ground.

"You're a pain in my ass you know that?" Steve muttered as I let go of his broad shoulders that helped me off the roof. I smirked at him excitedly and began to drag him to the car.

"I'm the only reason you have any fun Harrington." I replied as he opened the passenger side for for me. He slid over the hood of his car and I laughed at his movie like antics.

"Fun? It's 3 am and I had to leave my beauty sleep for you." He responded and I scoffed. He started the car and drove off, leaving my silent neighborhood that would be waiting for me when I got home. I rolled down the window as we sped by the buildings of the sleeping town. I gasped and turned the volume up on the radio as the familiar song played through the speakers. The beginning notes of "Everybody wants to rule the world" by Tears for Fears boomers throughout the car and Steve rolled his eyes playfully and laughed at my excitement. I bobbed my head to the music and took his hand that rested on the glove compartment. I sang along to the music and took out my bun to let the wind through it. I probably looked wild with my hair flowing everywhere and using our intertwined hands as a microphone, but Steve only glanced at me and smiled contently at my actions.

To Steve, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. His heart raced at their interlaced fingers and he tried to ignore the rolling feeling in his stomach. Nobody had ever made him feel so nervous, but so wildly happy at the same time.

The small town passed by us in a whirl, the warm summer air surrounded me in a whirl and I shouted out the lyrics confidently, too in the moment to notice the boy next to me in a trance. I never wanted these moments to end. That somehow tonight would last forever, right here and right now always.

The song quieted to its last few notes as we pulled up to a large clearing. A big hill covered in grass and small flowers in front of us. (Where Dustin puts the cell tower thing in season 3)