"Completely cliche"

Steve let out an exasperated sigh as he sat impatiently in his car

Steve let out an exasperated sigh as he sat impatiently in his car. Drumming his fingers on the steering wheel before honking the horn angrily.

"Any day now Henderson!" He yelled from his position in the drivers seat to the curly haired boy closing his front door and walking to his car. Dustin shot up the middle finger before stepping into the passengers seat. Steve shot up a hand to stop the younger boy from sitting on the roses he had purchased the hour before. Dustin narrowed his eyes confusedly at the bouquet as he picked it up and set them on his lap so he could sit.

"What's up with the flowers?"

"They're for y/n."

"No shit, what'd you do now?" Dustin questioned as the older boy shot him a glare before running a hand through his freshly styled hair.

"What makes you think I did anything to her for me to get her flowers?" Dustin rolled his eyes and shot him an accusing look before Steve sighed.

"We got into an argument."

"Were you an asshole to her?" Steve shrugged at this, pretending to be interested in the moving scenery in front of him on the road to avoid recalling the argument.

"So you think some roses are going to magically make her forgive you?" Dustin shot the teen an incredulous look as he spoke.

"Psh n-no. And what's wrong with roses." Steve inquired as Dustin huffed in annoyance.

"They're completely cliche shithead. Completely overdone with little to no romantic value due to its overuse in pop culture and today's med-"

"Okay dickhead I get it the roses were stupid. What else am I supposed to do?" Steve was angry he was taking advice from a boy nearly half his age instead of being the one to give advice about girls. Girls weren't usually hard to understand for Harrington. But this girl was different, special. In ways that often made him confused and slightly nervous. When he had gone out with Nancy, things were smooth, easy. But maybe that was just the "bullshit love" between the two. Y/n was a whole new ball game. She was sweet, but often sarcastic and cynical. Intelligent, witty, and stunning to say the least. She made his heart beat a million miles per minute and his mouth go dry. Even after asking her out, she still affected him in ways other girls never had. It was in the drivers seat of his car, accompanied with a mouthy 13 year old shithead, that Steve Harrington realized he was completely and utterly in love. No bullshit there.

"Hey asshole! Are you even listening to me? You just passed Mikes house!" Dustin shouted from beside him. Steve shook his head quickly and turned his head towards the boy next to him. Making a quick turn back towards the Wheeler's home.

"I'm assuming the fight was pretty bad then?" Dustin mumbled as he looked at the sudden solemn expression on the taller brunette's face. Steve shrugged once more, looking anywhere else than the kid next to him.

"We were at a party, and Billy started talking to her. He was obviously flirting and she just let him. Didn't even walk away from him. So obviously I'm pissed, because why is Hargrove talking to my girl? Then she gets all mad when I pull her out of the party. What was I supposed to do? Let him talk to her? Please." He chuckled dryly at the end of his rant and looked over to see the glaring boy next to him.

"What?"

"You're a douchebag that's all."

"Wh- Why?!"

Dustin rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious. What could Steve have done that was so bad?

"Steve, she's not your damn property. You don't just get to pull her out of somewhere because 'your girl' is talking to another guy." Dustin scolded as if it was the most obvious statement in the world.

"But she's my girlfriend."

"So that makes her your property?"

"Wh-What? No of course not, she's her own person!" Steve defended.

"Then treat her like it. Maybe talk to her about your feelings, instead of being an asshole." Steve scrunched his nose at Dustin's emphasis on the word feelings.

"Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have to be all douchey and tough. Girls hate that. So not only did you treat her like property, but got defensive and argumentative with her instead communicating." Dustin finished as the older boy remained quiet.

The car pulled into the Wheeler's driveway and Dustin's features softened at the anxious driver beside him.

"She loves you by the way." Dustin mumbled and Steve whipped his head towards the boy in shock. Dustin continued before he could be interrupted.

"You can tell by the way she talks about you. That's all you two ever do, talk about the other and pretend you're just some fling or whatever. Anyways, she loves you. So stop screwing shit up and try to be less of an ass once in a while. Now go apologize, and explain why you were upset Harrington. And for the love of god, next time you mess up don't bring roses." Dustin finished before exiting the car and making his way to Mikes house.

Steve sat in the driveway, still shocked at the 13 year olds wise advice. Henderson was definitely wise beyond his years. The tall brunette let out a deep breath, before driving off to make up with the girl he was madly, hopelessly in love with.

___________________________________

Want a part two? Let me know in the comments! Love you bitches!

-Jackie💗