"I'm a dead man"

I lay upside down on the couch, my legs hanging off the back as I flipped through channels

I lay upside down on the couch, my legs hanging off the back as I flipped through channels. Steve lay on my stomach and absentmindedly played with a stray piece of my hair.

"There's absolutely nothing on tv, I might die of boredom." Steve nodded beside me in response. Suddenly getting an idea I sat up from my position. Steve pulled his head off of me with a huff but I ignored him.

"Wanna bake?" I suggested with raised eyebrows at the brunette beside me.

"As long as you don't burn the house down." He shrugged and I flicked his head as I made my way to my kitchen. Steve followed suit, jumping up and sliding across the Kitchen island as I gathered all the ingredients and placed them next to him. He drummed his fingers on the counter and hummed as I searched for a mixing bowl.

"Ugh crap." I groaned as I opened one of the top cabinets to reveal the red bowl on the highest shelf. Steve let out a laugh behind me as I clambered up the counter top to reach the bowl. I shot him a glare from my standing position on the counter to see him with his arms crossed and a playful smirk etching his features, amused by my struggle to get the bowl due to my height. I turned back towards the cabinet and reached for the bowl getting an idea. Pretending to lose my balance, I let out a gasp as I wobbled on the counter. Steve shot up from his spot on the island in an attempt to grab me. He quirked an eyebrow at my laughing above him as I retrieved the bowl.

"So now you're concerned Harrington?" I tease from above him and he rolls his eyes.

"You're an ass." He muttered as I stifled a laugh and began to bend down to get off the counter. Karma must have felt particularly funny today because my foot actually did slip on a small wet spot on the tile.

"Shit!" We both exclaimed as Steve attempted to catch me and steady himself on the counter. But instead of grabbing tile he hit the container of flour as we both hit the ground. Flour pouring all over us in the process.

We simultaneously let out a chorus of coughs as flour filled the air.

"Son of a bitch." Steve muttered through coughs and I groaned on top of his chest. One of his arms was wrapped around my waist to ensure I fell on top of him and not the hard floor. I was glad the powder on my cheeks covered their sudden pink in color. I busted out laughing at his appearance. Flour had covered half of his face and spread throughout his hair. He let out another groan before laughing too.

"You think this is funny y/l/n? I just saved your clumsy ass from cracking your head open and you have the audacity to laugh?" He joked from under me and I placed a hand on my mouth to stifle my obvious giggles. His infamous grin was plastered on his face as he raised his eyebrows at me. The arm wrapped around me tightened as the other smashed an egg from the carton above us on my head. I gasped at his actions and scrambled from my position on top of him to get my revenge. Grabbing an egg from the carton and pinning him down before he could get up.