Cut Loose, Footloose

A/N:This takes place at the end of season two just after they've closed the gate, they all go back to the Byers house.

Remember: Work here created by jennyfio8
____________________________________

               As you pulled up to the Byers house in Billy's blue Camaro, you breathed a sigh of relief

As you pulled up to the Byers house in Billy's blue Camaro, you breathed a sigh of relief. You saw Joyce through the window, putting a blanket over a no longer possessed Will. The rest of the kids ran towards the house, reuniting with Will and El to tell them about the adventures they had been on. Steve stumbled out of the car, and walked slowly to the door.

"We're gonna get our asses kicked by Hopper and Joyce for letting the dipshits drag us to those tunnels." Steve groaned.

"I think they'll be more distracted by your busted up face Harrington." You laughed as he flipped you off not so subtly, walking into the house to explain himself to Joyce and Hopper. Luckily, they were just relieved to see that everyone made it out alive, and decided everyone should sleep over at Joyce's to avoid parents asking thousands of questions.

The house was quiet, too quiet for your liking. After everyone had explained their separate adventures, it left everyone to process the evenings events in their own minds. This had been your first time dealing with inter dimensional demons, and it was still resonating deep inside you that all of this actually happened. Who knew babysitting Dustin Henderson could be so interesting? Music played softly from the radio, being the only source of sound.

After everyone had taken turns cleaning up, you gathered around the living room listening to the music. Suddenly, a familiar song began to play. You gasped loudly, making everyone jump and turn to you.
"I love this song!" You gushed loudly as Footloose by Kenny Loggins played.

"Jesus Y/n, after the night we've had this is your adrenaline rush?" Mike quipped from his spot on the couch next to El.

Ignoring his sarcasm and everyone's stares, you turned the radio to full volume and began to dance wildly. Everyone looked at you like you were crazy, and perhaps you were. But this was your first time experiencing interdenominational demons, and you were coping the only way you knew how, by dancing it out.

Been working so hard
I'm punching my card
Eight hours for what?
Oh, tell me what I got

You sang along loudly, never missing a beat. And as the chorus approached, you grabbed Max's hand and starting spinning her along with you. You had grown close to all the kids, but you and her were both new to the party together, bonding you. Everyone began to sway along to the beat as well, not being able to help the catchy rhythm. You spun Max around wildly, and she was just as enthusiastic as you, dancing wildly and twirling clumsily when you spun her.

"Come on you guys, we just kicked some demogorgan ass! We have to celebrate!" You cheered.

And one by one, everyone began to join you. Even Hopper was dragged along by Joyce to the dance floor that was her living room floor. Besides Wil and El, who cheered everyone on with soft smiles, too weak from their hellish nights to join.

Even though it made no sense, you all should have been crying or passed out. But for some reason, it was a mutual understanding that if you all kept dancing, maybe you could forget about it all. For just those few minutes, you were a semi normal group of misfits cutting loose, footloose.

You caught Steve staring at you from the couch, eyeing your every movement with a cocky smile. Shaking his head at your antics. You strutted over to him with your hands on your hips, frustrated that he hadn't joined in.

"I don't care how busted your face is Harrington, those legs still work." You challenged.

"I'm not the dancing type Y/n." He smiled slyly from his spot on the couch. But before he could argue anymore, you had dragged him up by his bruised hands and began to dance around him.

"What's the matter Steve, don't wanna embarrass yourself in front of Y/n?" Dustin teased from beside you, dancing like a complete idiot. You looked back to Steve with a cocky grin.

"Y/n Steve won't tell you, but he's afraid to embarrass himself in front of you because he li-" Dustin was cut off by Steve slapping his hand over his mouth, and Steve too began to dance along with you.

You couldn't help but laugh, he was a terrible dancer. But somehow he still made your heart flutter, even when he was flopping around like a complete moron with cuts and bruises all over his face. It was honestly shocking how he still managed to look good.

Lose your blues,
everybody cut, everybody cut
Everybody cut, everybody cut
Everybody, everybody cut footloose

As much as you wanted it to, the song didn't last forever. And after the laughter died down, the night's events began to sink in again. One by one, everyone retreated to their sleeping spots. Leaving you and Steve alone in the living room. Sitting next to each other in silence on the beat up couch.

"I don't know how anyone could sleep right now." You said quietly, drawing Steve's attention. "I don't think i'll be sleeping for a long time knowing what's out there."

Steve nodded his head in agreement, turning to you and looking you up and down thoughtfully."

"What's with all the staring, Harrington, upset that Dustin ratted you out?" You teased.

"It's just.... I don't know how you did it." He stated simply.

"Did what?" You questioned carefully, wishing he would stop staring at you with those big brown eyes. Which you swore were hypnotizing you, making your stomach to summer salts.

"You just... you got everyone to be happy after all of this. Even just for a few minutes, everyone was so happy. You just know how to wrap people up in you. It's intoxicating, like a high nobody ever wants to come down from. I never thought I would see these kids smile after everything they've been through. And I never thought I could feel anything for a girl besides Nancy for the longest time but...."

"But what?" you said softly, wishing he would just say the words you wanted to hear from the moment you laid eyes on him.

"Are you really gonna make me say it?" He whined, trying to hide his blush by looking down at his feet.

"Yeah you're right, maybe I should just ask Dustin what he was gonna say before you rudely interrupted him with that awful dancing." You taunted with a sly smile.

"Y/n" He whispered, looking from your lips to your eyes. "Shut up." And with that, he crashed his lips into yours. Smiling cockily into the kiss when you kissed him back with just as much passion. And there it was, that electricity. The kind of electricity that he never truly felt with Nancy, even at their best.

"AHA, Steve made the first move! You owe me ten bucks Mike!" Both you and Steve snapped your heads to see Dustin at end of the hallway. Probably waking the entire house with his cheers. Steve groaned loudly, hiding his face in your neck at the interruption.

"Goodnight Dustin!" He sneered from the couch, trying to tell him to go away with his eyes. But you couldn't be more thankful for that kid, and the fact that you decided to babysit him on that Night.