"Wanna Bet?" Pt.3

Idek what a/n should be, what's life man. The constant ups and downs have me going fucking crazy. Anyway, if you're going through something rn just know I'm here and I hope my stories help get you through it somehow. Bc writing them and getting feedback helps me through my shit. Love you all genuinely and keep up the hard work.🖤
____________________________________

🖤____________________________________

"When did it drop like 20 degrees." Steve muttered through the blanket as I nodded in agreement. He pulled the blanket further up his body and sighed. Our bodies meant on opposite sides of the car as my legs were curled under me and his were laying on top of the consult between the front and passenger seat. The rain still heavily poured outside and I seriously doubted any tow truck would be arriving anytime soon.

"How's your head?"

"Still fine."

"You sure?"

"Still sure Steve." I repeated with a laugh, slightly frowning at his upset expression.

"Hey, I'm good."

"This date isn't."

"I'm having a great time!"

"Right, tell that to the gash on your temple and the fact that I can see your breath when you talk."

"C'mon, when has Steve Harrington ever let the odds get the best of him." I nudged his shoulder as he rolled his eyes with a huff.

"Stop saying that."

"What?"

"My name all weird, like it means something." He spoke dryly, staring out at the rain around us.

"It does."

"Does it though? I mean the past four years...Do they really mean shit?" He countered looking at me advisedly. I averted my eyes from his before responding.

"They'll mean something if you make them." He was speechless at this, looking at me and seemingly taking in my words thoughtfully.

"I'm not sure I did."

"It's not over yet Harrington." I argued with a wink as he playfully rolled his eyes with a soft punch to my thigh.

I adjusted my position and moved my legs on top of his lazily, deciding to ignore how he seemingly tensed up at the action before relaxing.

"I guess we'll be here for a while." He observed tracing a finger on the foggy window next to him.

"It's kinda nice though." He continued, "The rain and the thunder. Kinda soothing."

I slowly nodded as I stared out at the flashing dark sky with the large grey clouds.

I let out a yawn and stretched my legs before shifting a bit closer to the boy next to me. Subconsciously trying to gather some of the warmth coming from his body.

Steve's P.O.V

"You know I was kinda surprised when you started talking to me in class." Y/n chuckled as she spoke, staring at the seat in front of her intently.

"What, why?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

"I don't know. You just didn't seem like you put time into girls who aren't...Nancy Wheeler or whatever." She mumbled with a shrug.

"Who aren't like Nancy Wheeler? How so?"

"It's stupid...Never mind."

"You and I both know I won't stop bugging you until you tell me so you might as well." I pressured with a smirk as she rolled her eyes and let out a breath.

"The suburbia girls, perfect grades, perfect lives, perfect look-"

"Oh so you're not perfect? Please I thought my pencil would melt with how clammy my hands were when I first sat next to you." I interrupted, wanting to cut my tongue out of my mouth right then and there. She grinned at this, trying her best to hide the blush that rose to her cheeks with a shake of her head.

"Wheeler's a lot different than what she lets off."

"Really?"

"Totally."

"You still...You still love her?" She asked hesitantly and I chuckled with a shake of my head.

"Hell no, that's long over. We just didn't...work." I replied simply. Not so subtly staring at her as I continued. "It's like now I know who I'm looking for, if only they'd take the hint." She looked up to me with a quirked eyebrow and rolled her eyes again at my smirk.

Shit, she's pretty much shivering. I could just move closer, but what if it makes her uncomfortable? I don't wanna seem like a creep. Christ when did I become such a wus-

"Loved the conversation Harrington, but I'm gonna pass out any second." She yawned once more as she spoke, turning her body slightly to lean against the car door as I did the same. Our legs now slightly intertwining, though it wasn't exactly comfortable. Seeing as my legs were much longer than hers and diner have much room. She sat up abruptly and huffed.

"Well that won't work." I stared as she nodded. I took off my jacket and crumpled it behind my back so I wouldn't have to be directly against the hard door. Shifting so I was more comfortable as she watched.

Y/n's POV

"Your short ass is gonna have to fit." He joked tiredly with his eyes closed. I softly hit his stomach and rolled my eyes at his satisfied chuckle. Turning around and moving so my back was against his chest and letting him move the blanket over us. One of his legs hanging off the seat and planted on the floor of the car.

"You know, I would have preferred a bit more room." I replied as he hummed in response, seemingly about to fall asleep. I held in my breath as he let his arm fall on top of my waist lazily.

"You know, you're a lot more perfect than you think y/n." He mumbled as he began to doze off. Leaving my heart fluttering and lips curling into a grin before I too let the nights events overcome me.

_________________________________
Part four coming soon!🖤